Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rep points

Not really a forum tech question but I think that the rep point system should actually mean something to help promote the Buell community. The admins and buellxb need to brainstorm something like a forum ruling that if at any rides where two or more Buellers come together a round has to be bought in recognition of higher rep points. Just saying.....

The administration are too busy on the Facebook forum or have moved on from Buells. They need new administration on here.

^^ that is what I'm saying....let make them mean something.

They use to mean how credible someone was

They use to mean how credible someone was

Should be worth something. I was asking the admins and buellxb what they thought would be a good tradition to tie the rep point system of the board to. Lots of good advice and technical knowledge here without the attitude of the other forum. Any idea whose on top of the current rep point system?

Probably the Government!

^^ LMFAO. Penis worship will get you no where...(he just walked right in to that one)

Administrator
    User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of your user's benefit to your forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of your forum users that choose take part in it.

Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.

There is also something called "reputation altering power". It decides how you affect another person's reputation. Those with higher power add or subtract more points than those with lower power. Members who are part of the forum longer, who post more, and who have higher reputation will have more 'reputation altering power'

Members who are part of the forum longer, who post more, and who have higher reputation will have more 'reputation altering power'

Really? Why does this sound like the Electoral collage? Power Voters? Just kidding. Cool. Is there somewhere in our profile that displays the rep altering power level attained? Just curious.
    What I am suggesting is something that requires no addition work or programming. Although premium members should have a little more power than non premium membership (wink, wink). I'm suggesting that the buellxb community adopt a unwritten rule where 2 or more come together on a ride or meet up whatever, junior members buy a round for the senior rep point holder or some version of this. We as a community are what this forum is about. A brotherhood for sure. Plan on being around for a while, trying to think of future free beer. LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12