Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New here, picked up my first Buell.

Inactive
    nice clean machine you have there. to expound and expand upon the above banter here's a few suggestions that will not only enhance the total "Buell experience"....but lend credence and validity to enhanced performance characteristics as well:
    1-your engine oil capacity is 2.5 US quarts. as oh9bolt has suggested many times....use oil as your additive. two quarts of additives topped off with 1 US pint of 20-50 cycle oil works well.
    2-$285 MoonBeam lithium fly-weight battery recommended. 1/4 mile times as well as "track day" lap times greatly reduced.
    3-TPS sensor reset every 50 miles(85kilometers) highly recommended. in essence you want to reset your tps sensor.....ride in "learn mode" for 25 miles....ride another 25 miles to realize the performance improvements the reset has given you.....then reset again. you are going full-circle here.
    4-lastly but most importantly....the vaunted and exhaustingly discussed elusive 2-stroke fuel additive experience. whether it be a top quality 2-stroke pre-mix oil.....Castor Bean-Oil....Blenzall.....or Marvel Mystery Oil....add it to your gasoline @ every fill-up and by God, add it heavily. some XB owners who subscribe to this principle have run as high as 2:1 mix which translates to 2 gallons of gasoline per 1 gallon of 2-stroke oil. More is better is the prevailing logic here. if going 2:1 remember to jump up 9 heat ranges on both spark plugs....and wear a gas-mask.

you crack me up John. LOL

Seriously, just ride the thing. If you have ever owned a liter sized bike, after riding the Buell you will wonder why can't all bikes handle like this? Oh, and be sure to wave at all the pretty girls that you pass who are now ignoring their girlfriends. Your penis just grew another 2" when you registered it in your name.

Twins! I have the same year and color, and it did look the same until I put a few personal touches to it. Check the rear wheel bearing because thats the first issue I had and it's no fun. Have fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stoked for you man. Congrats and welcome. Good looking scooter.

By the way...great color choice. It's the best in my opinion. My '05 XB12SCG and '04 XB12S.....and the EBR hiding in the back.
    buellsbig.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the unique tips and appreciation! Nice bikes! Also my favorite color combo! These things are so much fun I can't get over it. I do dislike the decel pops on the Jardine, it didn't bother me at first but now its starting to annoy. I'll be on the hunt for something else and will most likely match the sub frame color to the rest of the frame but that will probably be it for now.

Maybe the decel pops can be fixed with tuning though which I haven't ventured into yet.

Great looking machine....what a score. Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

First time I check back here in MONTHS and I still see guys trying to call me back into the game. .. and this is like the first thread I looked at. haha

Scallywag: the 2-stroke thing they are talking is this.. (and I got a whole thread on it).. some guys will add a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil to their fuel, I messed around with some 2-cycle oil to see if it would do something for guys in Brazil who were running basically flex fuel.. it seemed to do about what MMO does. It upset some of the more "conservative" members around here... I have a reputation around here for not being conservative AND I WILL DO CRAZY ****, NOT JUST IN THE MOTORCYCLE WORLD EITHER. .. but all this "50hp gain" and that, that's bull****, never said that. I said it just seemed to smooth out the top end.

I still mess with a bit now and then but for me it seemed to make the biggest difference when it was real hot out..
    Last edited by Gloomshadow; 09-28-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Inactive
    ^^^^^^ just having a little fun tom. i would never purposely do or say anything to disrespect you or diminish your posts. i always enjoy your offerings for what it's worth.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast