Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Picked-up an '06 XB12S - Help me fix it.

GregoXB, Is that a repack kit? Can you list the materials you used for the job?

Looks like the kit from ASB for the jardine. Much recommend.

Looks like the kit from ASB for the jardine. Much recommend.
    Other recommendation is to just ditch the Jardine. Sold the one the PO had on mine and made enough to but a stock exhaust and send off to Randy. Now running a Hawk until I can afford the headers and exhaust I really want. I know some love their Jardine, just not my "cup of tea" (That's for you Tone ). To each his own.

I found the stock muffler not only adequate, but the absolute best performer in the midrange. The muffler valve when active adds 15 FT/LBS @4000 RPM compared to tied open. No aftermarket exhaust will make that much torque difference in the midrange. It will perform quite handily on built motors like mine as well. My Uly made 76 RWHP stock, but now puts 104 RWHP down after the motor work, but with the stock exhaust.
    Last edited by Phelan; 10-11-2015 at 03:02 AM.

I would like to see some dyno charts to back up that statement and I'm not talking ass-dyno. Americansportbike.com did a good exhaust shootout with dyno charts to back everything up. This is just what I found on the KEDA RT-3.

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BambamXB12r View Post
    I would like to see some dyno charts to back up that statement and I'm not talking ass-dyno. Americansportbike.com did a good exhaust shootout with dyno charts to back everything up. This is just what I found on the KEDA RT-3.

image.jpg
    You may want to double check the dyno chart you referenced. I'm pretty sure the Thunderstorm won't do 140 hp @ 10,000 rpm.

Just a reference of aftermarket performance vs stock on a Buell(1125), all I'm saying is do your research. If you pull up the ASB report as I suggested you will see the actual dynos. They have charts and an actual write up of each muffler.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

I figured this was a little hard to see.
    Where again are the dyno charts showing superiority of OEM muffler VS aftermarket?
    Last edited by BambamXB12r; 09-24-2015 at 03:50 AM.

nevermind, I am a dumbass.

pull up the ASB report as I suggested you will see the actual dynos
    Last edited by mrlogix; 09-24-2015 at 05:51 AM.

I believe the "California model" can be checked with the VIN#? The PO may have just done the breather re-route from the air box.

The clutch can be very nice when working properly without the need to spend $$$ on the awesome hydraulic set-up. That said, I'm working on a home-brew repeatable assembly. I've had a clutch cable snap on me (not a Buell) while first in line at a stop light so i've never held it in 1st with the clutch in since then. I do look behind me and keep my foot on the shifter though.

I've found stock muffler with a performance tune (for a stock muffler) is a ton of stealthy fun. Second gear roll-on wheelies are fast enough for me… It draws much less attention from you-know-who and sounds great! I am building a library of Buell tunes on ECMDroid (super easy to use). If I have a stock muffler tune I'll send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BambamXB12r View Post

image.jpg
    When I get back to the shop I'll pull up my dynos to show it. I work at NRHS; I'm not just pulling numbers out of my ass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast