Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So who has a dog?

Wow what type of dog is that? not seen that before! and i never heard of an octopus owning a dog either! ha ha ha

Here is Greddy (lighter colored male) and Sally (short for Mustang Sally, darker female) Using my "new" wheels as an obstacle.

Thought I had more pictures of them with the bike, but I guess not.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneTheMoan View Post
    Wow what type of dog is that? not seen that before! and i never heard of an octopus owning a dog either! ha ha ha
    Thai Ridgeback. She's a weird one. Very few of them in the US. I don't really believe in buying dogs from breeders, but she was the last of the litter and too wonky to sell for $2k, so we took her in. She's more like a cat than a dog, but is incredibly patient and gentle with our 2 year old daughter despite the most intense prey drive I've ever seen.

Thai Ridgeback the most intense prey drive I've ever seen

Thats ****ing awesome. I looked into getting one of those, but couldn't justify the cost. My black dog is the result of me crossbreeding until I got what I wanted. I started with a Black Lab 10 years ago. I have introduced German Shepherd into the bloodline then crossed with a Chow. The Lab gives me the hunting instinct, the shepherd the obedience and loyalty, and just enough Chow to make them a total asshole when needed. I spent my first two years in the Corps as a 5811/5812 Military Police/ K-9 handler. I have trained these dogs intensively. The photo of my girlfriend with Bear is aggression training believe it or not, the breed already has a strong defender instinct from the shepherd and the chow. The trick is to baby them and they will love you and defend you unto their dying breath. I wanted to introduce Thai Ridgeback into the breed but couldn't afford one at the time and couldn't talk a breeder into stud service for one of my females. I tried introducing Staffordshire Bull Terrier, the offspring was smaller than I wanted and would only bond to one person, but one of the most loyal dogs I have ever owned.

20130520_154007.jpg

This is the last litter of the Lab, Shepherd, Chow mix. Bear above is the one on the left. The adult on the right was his mother 'Kitty' she was off the hook. Real strong prey drive. The pup in the middle was Ruger. Bear was the only one of the litter that ears did not stand up like a shepherd.

110_2276.jpg

Man this has taken off over night, thanks everyone its all interesting stuff and you all have beautiful dogs!! Glad i started this now! right what do you get if you cross a rottweiler with lassie? ........ a dog that visciously attacks you and then goes for help! ha ha ha i know shut the f**k up Tone! lol

Ghost sleeping.jpg
    I have a 3 year old Siberian Husky named Ghost (all white with ice blue eyes), bonus point for anyone who can guess where the name comes from. He's a meathead but I love the guy.
    Last edited by 08herobolt; 09-20-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Ghost snow.jpg
    Here he is when he's upright.
    Last edited by 08herobolt; 09-20-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Thats a beautiful dog too 08! looks like a white wolf! and mate that dog knows how to relax! lol

Nova the 3 legged attention whore. I refer to him as Tripod or Princess Fluffybutt due to his excessive "pansy-ness". Love him though lol
    photo.jpg

Sheila. Trial color blue Merle border collie20150216_150918-1.jpg
    She is super chill until there is snow to play in.Sheilasnow.jpg

Last edited by jason9sx; 09-20-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast