Thread: XB Injectors

XB Injectors

Hey Guys, giving my Ulysses a good going over at the moment. I have been chasing some low speed rough running issues for a while now so eliminating a lot of potential causes by replacing bits with new. Shes done 65ks so possibly due for a freshen up. I have fitted new fuel pump and filter, plugs, TPS sensor, plug leads, intake seals and now considering new injectors. The ones in it are Siemens Deka stubby injectors with a red band on the front and a white band on the rear so assume they are original. I understand the significance of the colour coding is that the white rear unit jets towards the inlet valve. Standard Seimens injectors seem pretty common and cheap. Is anyone aware of any issues fitting the non biased injector on the rear cylinder. Cheers, Stu

You will want to stick with those or exact replacements, as you noticed the spray pattern and angle is designed specifically for the intake port. Try sending them to a company that will flow test them and recondition like this place http://injector-rehab.com/shop/. You don't mention the year of your bike or if you've tried to solve the low speed "issues" within tuning it out within the ECM. The bike is all stock? You've had it for a while and know it was better in that area from previous experience? Changed up the exhaust or air filter etc...?

Hi, it's a 07 with Adrenalin R muffler otherwise stock. Issues were reported by previous owner before any mods made so has been around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mito View Post
    Hi, it's a 07 with Adrenalin R muffler otherwise stock. Issues were reported by previous owner before any mods made so has been around for a while.
    Alright, you stated you changed the TPS sensor, did you know it needs to be calibrated to correspond to the ECM's mapping? Did you have this done? You can do this through TunerPro RT, ECMSpy, ECMDroid or dealership. You will want to do that first, make note of your AFV % then reset that to 100 as your first steps...

Blindly replacing parts is never a good course of action, better to have data on the sensors/running condition, then decide what all is going on with bike.

Hi, cheers for that. Not so much blind replacement but eliminating all of the low cost variables first to establish a base point I can work from. Did a TPS reset using Buelltooth. AFV was reading 111.4% which is why I suspected intake seals but they appeared in good condition. The rough running issue I have is very erractic, some days it's great, others really bad.

Mito, okey now that you've shared that more detailed info, we have more to work with. I looked up that brand and it appears to be a muffler of a straight through design, also appears that you or the previous owner had to have it custom made to fit the bike? It is only a muffler correct? The connection from muffler to the header collector was fabricated correct? That AFV is about what one would expect to see with say a D&D or similar exhaust on a stock tune, just to double check you still have the paper air filter in place not a red colored cotton looking one (K&N) or blue rimmed cotton (Buell Race) which looks similar to the paper OEM filter. For a better idea of what you may have compare to these 3 a couple posts into this thread https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ilter-question.

As for the sensors and possibly needing replacement, this is where the bluetooth adapter and software come in, you can get a live data stream using any 3 of the mentioned software to determine if they are working as they should. Lets say you suspect the 02 sensor as possibly needing replacement, you would just pull up the live data and compare the voltage output, or you could datalog and view the sensor data over the course of riding the bike to determine if they are correct. (BTW 02 sensor is about $20 bucks and was recommended to be replaced at 15K miles from AL of ASB.)

You mentioned AFV at 111.4% and that is an 11.4% per cell increase across the fuel maps, you didn't mention if you did reset this to 100% after the work was done and parts changed or not. Keep in mind AFV will constantly change as riding and environment conditions change.

I suspect your ECMID is BUEIB? You can find this on the initial screen within ECMDroid. PM me your email and I'll send you some helpful files.

Thanks Lowkey, lots of info to take in. Yes the Adrenalin R muffler is just a stainless straight thru system that I have fitted. The rough running issue was present with the previous owner using the standard muffler so issue has been quite persistent. I am still learning how to drive my Buelltooth. Thanks for the help, I will PM you shortly. Cheers, Stu