Thread: 06 Uly won't start

06 Uly won't start

So, I was driving my Uly around the driveway the other day, hit a patch of loose piled up dirt and down she went (right side if it makes a difference). She ran until I picked her back up and then she turned off. It's been a few days of trying to start her and troubleshooting but she is still doing the same thing. If I let her sit for a few hours I can turn the key and everything will come on. As soon as I try to start her everything shuts down and then one of the relays starts a high pitched buzzing. Looking at the relays from the front of the bike it is the relay on the upper left. I have switched that relays postitition and the buzzing relay remains in the upper left position. I have put the battery on an overnight trickle charge and still I get nothing. I have looked for exposed or broken wires in the bike that could be causing her to trip, I have found nothing. I have read that it could be the BAS. I have located it, but I don't exactly know how to check it. If that is the problem, it is obviously not resetting itself. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Inactive
    the BAS cannot be bypassed with jumper wire. it is more than a switch. if it senses in excess of 55 degrees lean angle it shuts down the bike via the ecm. i know of no way to "reset" one though another board member might. my understanding is that it must be replaced if activated. supposedly it can be by-passed via ecmspy though i have never done it nor would i recommend it. if it is faulty you should have an active CEL. by chance did your seat or something under the seat smash into the ecm during this tip-over? if so check the ecm for cracks.

It should"reset"on its own. I've dumped mine a few times, always stays right up. Maybe you knocked a ground loose?

And I think the bas can be bypassed in ecmspy,would be ok for testing,please don't ride it that way!

Last edited by BuellyBagger; 09-22-2015 at 01:34 PM.