Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Erik Erik Erik...

Hmmm... I will call my dad and see why he (we) didn't use a bearing puller... But from what I saw, there's no easy way to remove the rear bearings....Thanks for the clues mates!

Ohhh... Don't the belt tensioners cause mucho bearing problems? Heard this from multiple Buell fans...

regular maintenance is everything. Regular maintenance=few problems.

Done 3 sets on xbs this month.

Its not that bad. Autozone, blind pulley remover rental. Some heat. Put new bearrings in freezer. Done.

Getting the balls and inner ring out was easy enough. The Dremmel tool was used to slice the outer ring in one spot and then use a hammer and screwdriver to confangle it out... Bearing pullers work? Anyone currently changing their rear bearings and using a bearing puller should upload a video...

The XB's eat up rear bearings MrLogix, because, unlike chain driven cycles, the belt tensioner stresses the bearings out... admittitedly, this doesn't happen until (in my case) after 20K miles... But, it does make sense...

The XB's eat up rear bearings MrLogix, because, unlike chain driven cycles, the belt tensioner stresses the bearings out.

I know about the stresses from a belt drive. I have an 1125R (more power and torque) and ride like a heathen idiot (wheelies, hard accel out of turns), just replaced mine front and rear. Will replace them at 10k mile intervals. Like I said, regular maintenance. Bearings are cheap enough.

Yea, I agree with what’s been said in the replies.

In my experience, there’s nothing peculiar about the XB’s wheel bearing design, nor is there anything about the belt-drive that causes significantly higher bearing failure rates than you’d find with a typical chain-drive sport bike.

I don’t think the personal slight against Erik is warranted either.

Lol i know all about that!!FB_IMG_1442515730058.jpg

I think you should sell your bike if that is how YOU remove a simple bearing. There are tools to make the job easy. ^^^^^^^^^^ and that is the tool.

Dieses ganze Zeug hilft nicht die Bohne, wenn der Lagerkäfig zerstört ist. Dremel und Meissel sind dann die Mittel der Wahl.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast