Thread: 1st rally and 1st Place on my 09 Uly

1st rally and 1st Place on my 09 Uly

Well at my first rally I have just placed first on my 09 Ulysses at the Fort Worth Euro Sport Road Rally this last Sunday.
    It was a lot of fun and I was the only contestant riding 2 up on an American air cooled motorcycle.
    The Ulysses was just amazing flying around the dirt, gravel, back twisty roads, as well as the highways. I had been planning to ride this event on an 07 Tiger, but the dealership and their supplier had not ordered the parts, springs & shims, that I had been waiting for the last month. So fate landed me on a Uly again and it was awesome for an average rider like me to be hanging with the Ducati's, BMW's and Triumphs. Maybe it was just luck, but my regular rear tire RP3 was flat, so I put a spare 190/55 Pirelli Scorpion Sync half worn on the bike before the event. With pillion the bike was planted nicely and the taller first gear seemed to work well with the bigger tire especially on gravel. It was a great time on a Uly!

nice, fate has a way of playing bumper pool with us.

Congrats, nothing like being the only one and placing first. Glad to see the ol uly served you well. Do you have any pics?

2up.jpg
    Here is my wife and I at the start.

bikeline.jpg
    Bike Line
    tigerteam.jpg
    Here is a great group of guys from Team Tiger.
    Trophy.jpg
    My Lovely wife and I.

Well I think I represented Buell well at this event. Short fat Italian guy out on a Sunday stroll with his wife on the back. Surprised a lot of people how well this Uly performed.