Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Super TT Owners here?

Hybrid View

Any Super TT Owners here?

I'm the proud owner of a new (to me) XB12STT... Picked it up last month with just 1,300 miles on it and it's pristine and bone stock. I'm looking for mod inspiration. I'd like new mirrors and turn signals, for sure... Kinda torn on the tail tidy, as I think I'd also have to remove the number plates and in my opinion the plates and fenders are what set this bike apart from the rest...

Also, wanting to make more noise without screwing anything up... Perhaps the Hawk treatment and a race ECM? I don't know...

Just looking for ideas, and pictures, especially. Any TT owners, I'd love to see and hear about what you have...

20150630_213336.jpg

20150830_134748-1.jpg
    My dad picked up an 08 XB12STT earlier this year. Race exhaust, race ecm, white with the blue wheels. Looks awesome. I'll see if I can get a better picture from him. He bought the ss seat for it and occasionally takes the number plates off. It's a sweet bike.

I'd love a lower seat, as this bike is pretty tall and I'm on my tippy toes. lol
    So far, I've eliminated the belt guard, the mirros and the reflector that hangs below the license plate. I have a single CRG bar end mirror on order, along with a set of Bike Master ministalk turn signals. Should have that stuff on within the week. Stoked!

I have a bad ass SS does that count? lol So this might be a dumb question but...what's the difference between the T T and the other lightnings?

Basically a SS with Ulysses suspension, I believe.

The TT is the middle of the uly and ss. Shorter than a uly but taller than the ss.
    I think the later ss models use tt suspension.

The 07 TT suspension differs from the 07 SS. However, both bike share the same suspension for 08+. For the OP, I did a tail tidy on my TT without eliminating the number plates. There are a couple of ways to go about it: 1. do a tail tidy that will still accommodate the rear number plate brackets; or 2. Just go without the rear brackets... they aren't really needed as the plates main bolts are underneath the tail.

I did the diesel moto tail and was able to make the rear brackets fit with the turn signal holes by adding a spacer to the number plate attachment to account for the slightly narrower signal locations.

Do you have any pics, Risk? I'd love to see it.

I'd love a TT! I think they look awesome. I just thought they were "S" specs? I'm tall so seat height isn't a problem, is the frame/tank long like an Ss?

The solo seats provide a fairly high seat height. I swapped mine for an 09 SS seat and now it's about an inch lower -ish. The frame length is identical to the SS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast