Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2004 Xb12R wont start

Any recommendations on how to do a breather reroute?

Also I've been searching on amazon and eBay for the NGK DCPR9EIX but is there a specific number to fit the 04 Buell or any is just fine? Ex. (2316), (6546)

No specific number - the DCPR9EIX will do just fine.
    Last edited by vicenzajay; 10-02-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlogix View Post
    Whoa, hold on a minute.

aren't you at the NZ embassy in DC?

explain please.
    I'm active military and at the NROTC unit at Virginia Tech (I'm the XO)....not nearly as exotic a posting as the NZ embassy!

not trying to get the thread off on a tangent, but the ol Jarhead in me can't go without asking.

at the NROTC unit at Virginia Tech (I'm the XO)....not nearly as exotic a posting as the NZ embassy!

That would be a CO-ED ROTC College program wouldn't it.

Yes, yes it would....we have a very large battalion of midshipmen - almost 300 of them. It's not your "normal" ROTC job!

Inactive
    joe: NGK DCPR9EIX is 2316.

Just put those plugs in my Firebolt. There's a good writeup on this site on how to do the plug change without rotating the engine....it was hard for me as I was literally doing it one-handed at the time - but it worked :-)

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    Just put those plugs in my Firebolt. There's a good writeup on this site on how to do the plug change without rotating the engine....it was hard for me as I was literally doing it one-handed at the time - but it worked :-)
    what jay said. you'll need a quality flashlight...3/8th drive 10 inch extension....3/8th ratchet....3/8th u-joint swivel....3/8th spark plug socket for 5/8th inch base plugs. front plug easily removable with 5/8th inch socket or box wrench....rear plug only accessible when removing air box cover.....lid....filter....base(4 number #27 torx screws). you must remove tank vent hose from frame fitting prior to removing air box lid.on an XB 12 you do NOT have to remove the IEV assembly or plug or cable. just set the lid aside. do this tenderly. ham fisted attack will break off the vent outlet. also be gentle with the plug wires when removing. a bit of delicate twisting and turning of the boots loosens them.

John, wanted to thank you publicly for the fuses. They arrived today, and I've stashed them in the passenger seat "trunk". I really appreciate the help and support - both here and on email.

Just a note - the voltmeter is working super well. I did actually wind up having to solder the negative lead onto the post in order to get the entire setup to be solid, but it's works a treat now. Very nice to see what's happening "under the hood" electrically.

Rode the bike almost 100 miles today - so the clavicle is healing nicely. Just have to get used to the metallic feeling of the titanium plate right up against the skin. It's weird....

I have another problem.

The bike sometimes stutters on the fifth gear and then the engine light turns on. I'm not sure what this is. I stopped and the engine light turns off after a minute or two.

Is this an engine problem?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123