Thread: tip how to prolong rear shock life!

tip how to prolong rear shock life!

I did not know myself, but today at shock repair I was told that mostly problems start from rost under rubber.
    After each wash lift the rubber and clen and oil. cos water starts rost and the when YOu drive bumpy roads shock goes all the way in and starts destroing seals and oil leaks

Move to Arizona, no rust, problem solved.

Good tip! What all did you have done to your rear shock? There is conflicting info on if they are rebuildable or not. (STT shock) Mine is slow to rebound so I think the nitrogen is low, I was told to just replace with a penske from the suspension shop who was knowledgeable on buells.

The shock master took it apart. changed oil seal( seal rubber was hard), refiled with oil( it was leaking) and filed with gas( was almost empty)
    SO they are rebuildable and no problem filling with gas
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post555577

Thanks Arnis! I knew there were a few companies that would rebuild them in the past like Traxxion Dynamics http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1342703816 and a couple others that provided the service, but the services are no longer available. Where is the shop you had this done located? I may have to get in contact with them and ship it for a rebuild. I wanted Dave Moss from Catalyst Reaction to do the rebuild but I had the forks rebuilt at their SoCal shop and thats where I got the info to just go with the Penske instead of messing with the stock unit.

Red face

I`m located in Latvia ! and they are 3min to drive from me
    They do all repairs on bikes and mainly take car of motocross bikes.
    They can do everything......he said if there is gona be need they will put valve for nitrogen, but turned out that there is special place to fill.
    and on top the price