Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopefully not a stupid question....

Hopefully not a stupid question....

Sat at NJMP I'm going out and meeting w team pro motion, possibly for a track day. I spoke w them on the phone and asked if it was ok to attend the ART class and meet the instructors and just watch for the day and get acclimated as to what all this entails and ride at the next track day. To be perfectly honest I'm scared to death, not about my riding ability but my fear of possibly hurting another rider. The way I look at it is this.....on the street my line is my line!!!!! If I need to run wide I can, if I need to grab a handful of brakes and stand it back up I can.....I'm the only one there, no one next to me, no one behind me for me to possibly put in harm's way. Is this a normal feeling before your first track day and have I made the right decision to not ride on this one and just get acclimated and ride on the next session? Thanks guys, this was a little embarrassing for me to ask..

Hey wicked, go for it.There are usually a number of classes to run in ( novice, intermediate, hot shoe, pro) whatever. Don't worry about the guy's around you. If you're in the right class everybody is going very close to the same speed and the fast guys will find their way around you. Usually the organizers ask that passing only done on straights for the lower classes. It's a great way to find your limits in a safe environment. Have fun.
    Wayne

Track days are not racing. Each rider is responsible for their own personal space. If another rider is so close to you that something that you do caused them to crash, well, they were too close to you.

Going as a spectator is a great idea! It will allow you to become familiar with what a track day really is, and how they work. You'll also get a first hand look at how well this particular organization puts together their track day. Odds are reasonable you'll be able to see their safety team in action as well, though nobody ever really wants to see that.

Fatty and racepro I appreciate it......think I'm just going to hang out Sat and check out the scene and jump in on the next sesh. Team pro motion is having another one at my track in like three weeks. Ill let y'all know how I make out.

Fatty and racepro, got out at NJMP this morning with TPM.....man was it fun. I'm hooked now, thanks guys for the good advice. I will try to post pics tomorrow, my wife took some crappy ones w her cell phone. Plus my group had an instructor we had to follow so we weren't at full speed and RIGHTFULLY SO.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Fatty and racepro, got out at NJMP this morning with TPM.....man was it fun. I'm hooked now, thanks guys for the good advice. I will try to post pics tomorrow, my wife took some crappy ones w her cell phone. Plus my group had an instructor we had to follow so we weren't at full speed and RIGHTFULLY SO.
    drive past the backside of NJMSP at least 1X a month on the way to the ocean. truly one of the best race facilities in america, especially for bikes.

It is a world class facility and I'm proud to have it in my backyard. If ya ever plan on heading out for a trackday with TPM let me know...

Awesome - sounds like a great time...looking forward to the pictures.

NJMP 341.jpgNJMP 337.jpg hope these pics load
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great! Must have been super fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast