Thread: WTB: OEM Muffer for XB12S / XB12R

FOUND: OEM Muffer for XB12S / XB12R

I'd like to purchase an OEM muffler/exhaust for a Buell XB12S/R:

• Working exhaust valve
    • No dents
    • Good overall condition (a bit of rust doesn't bother me)

I'm not looking for an aftermarket or modified stock exhaust, I'm only looking for the OEM muffler.

If you have one that you'd like to sell, PM me a photo and your price. I'm hoping to spend between $100-$150 shipped (depending on condition).

** Update 10/20 **

Got one!
    Last edited by Buells-Eye; 10-20-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Mine had a Drummer on it when I bought it. I went back to stock because the fueling was off and it ran poorly. Throttle response and low end torque were the main issues, but it was very, very lean leading to tremendously hot ambient temps around the motor. It also coughed while blipping to downshift. While all of this could have been remedied with a tune, I also didn't love the sound. For me personally, it was a better move to sell the drummer and buy a stock can (which I prefer the sound of) and make some cash than to spend several hundred dollars on a race ecm or countless hours data logging and tuning myself. Why spend two track days worth of money to fix a problem when I can fix it a different way and make a track day's worth of money?

And yes, it also popped really loud on decel. That was one side effect of the drummer that didn't bother me.

The stock exhaust actually sounds really good. It is just quiet at idle and cruising. I honestly like the stock exhaust sound/power compared to the gutted stock muffler that my bike came with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
    Can I ask why people are looking for OEM mufflers? Is it because aftermarket performance exhaust permits backfire on deceleration?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty SS View Post
    Mine had a Drummer on it when I bought it. I went back to stock because the fueling was off and it ran poorly. Throttle response and low end torque were the main issues, but it was very, very lean leading to tremendously hot ambient temps around the motor. It also coughed while blipping to downshift. While all of this could have been remedied with a tune, I also didn't love the sound. For me personally, it was a better move to sell the drummer and buy a stock can (which I prefer the sound of) and make some cash than to spend several hundred dollars on a race ecm or countless hours data logging and tuning myself. Why spend two track days worth of money to fix a problem when I can fix it a different way and make a track day's worth of money?

And yes, it also popped really loud on decel. That was one side effect of the drummer that didn't bother me.
    Nailed it.