Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much should I be payed from geico?

how much should I be payed from geico?

Ok I was the guy who had the thrust blue xb12r stolen. Got an estimate from harley at nachez trace of $5100. Geico says total loss of course but doesn't think it's worth that much. So here is what has been done. Before I got her: pro series race kit, carbon fiber everything except plastic body peices. When I got her: brakes, tires, fuel pump, LED turn signals, adjustable foot pegs, integrated tail light, grips, adjust levers, battery, trex slider kit, plugs, frame pucks. 2005 with 12,000 miles. How much you guys think is fair?
    Last edited by YNOTbuellxb; 10-09-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Inactive
    what i or any other board members think is "fair" won't affect your final disposition of payment. arm yourself accordingly with accurate and recent "book price" figures available from various online sites as well as any recent documented sales you can locate on a comparable XB. your insurance company typically could care less about improvements....accessories...add-ons....goodies installed. a tried and proven approach on your part is "retail book price" and add 10% onto that for any accessories or improvements....and low mileage if that was the case. the insurance company rebuttal will be either wholesale or "trade-in" value which are one and the same. after some arguing they may agree to split the difference. your strong suit is documentation, research, pictures, recent verifiable sales. present that evidence along with a strong argument in your favor and you'll get the maximum amount.

$5,100 is high for a 05 XB12R, you would never sell it for that price.

I wouldn't have sold it for that it sounds high. But I've seen the exhaust go for a grand on ebay. And I've spent so much on getting it right and it gets stolen a month later. I just feel I have more invested.

Quote Originally Posted by YNOTbuellxb View Post
    I just feel I have more invested.
    Unfortunately, whether you're dealing with the resale market, or your insurance company, aftermarket upgrades don't count for anything. Some specialty insurance companies offer 'agreed value' coverage for custom & vintage vehicles, but it doesn't sound like that's what you've got. I'd persevere with obtaining as many other appraisals & comparables as you can & present them to the insurance company. Remember, it's their job to wear you down & get you to accept their offer.

Yes, in my very recent experience with my bike being totaled out, accessories didnt account for much at all. They do a search based on market data. They find a bike similar to yours and base the price on that. I got a very good check from them. You can negotiate a bit. Luckily around here everyone has their buells priced way high. Dont focus on the loss. It sucks and it hit me hard, but focus on a new bike that you get to modify. Thats how im looking at it. Another blank canvas!

Yeah I didn't figure they cared about the extra parts I got receipts to them I just hate seeing brand new parts basically lost because some fag stole my bike. I recon I can add anything I don't get from insurance to the resistution the guy has to pay. As for another bike I may try and buy my bike back and use it for parts on an xb12s. Or I may get a brutale dragster, KTM superduke, or or harley breakout. Any opinions on those 3? And I know that what I think the bike is worth or what u guys think it's worth doesn't matter to insurance people I just wanted to make sure I don't get bent over.
    Last edited by YNOTbuellxb; 10-09-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Kbb lists trade in at $2645 and suggested retail at $3800ish. As for add on parts, my insurance gave me current cash value on all parts I could provide receipts for...

some companies if you have receipts may pay you back for some of the parts. Usually their first approach is to say no.

Regarding the purchase of your next bike, only one thing matters. Character. Top speed, 1/4 mile, electronics... whatever. I do like some of the older MV Brutales.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast