Thread: New big block tires from Shinko!!

New big block tires from Shinko!!

Well not really new, but new to Uly owners! I sent them an email asking about them making more options in 17s for their 804/805 tires. For those that dont know, they are basically TKC80 clones, but last much longer and have slightly better street handling. And they are mega cheap, like $184 for a set for other people. They emailed me back and said this fall they are working on more tire sizes for us. So hurray for that!

Last edited by cjanderson_90; 10-13-2015 at 02:14 PM.

I have been considering these for my bike.

Very nice, I was shopping the TKC 80's, but glad I haven't pulled the trigger. I had great luck with my 705's on previous bikes.

I have added a picture to the first post to help those who are interested see what the tire is like.

Might check those out. Have had TCK80s and loved them.

stt.jpg

I would love to have a set of TKCs but they are so expensive and they dont last long im told.

Quote Originally Posted by cjanderson_90 View Post
    I would love to have a set of TKCs but they are so expensive and they dont last long im told.
    I'd say the rear is about 70% worn after I took them off the bike, front maybe 30%. 3k street miles on it them, not too bad really.

Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    I'd say the rear is about 70% worn after I took them off the bike, front maybe 30%. 3k street miles on it them, not too bad really.
    Good to know. I just priced a set from RMATV and I can get a set for about $265 shipped. Thats not terrible at all. Plus the Uly weighs less than a R1200GSA so maybe thats why there are complaints of short life.

I usually order from www.americanmototire.com a few bucks cheaper than RMATV and ran by 2 brothers out of their own warehouse. Good guys, free shipping, usually arrives next day or 2 days.

Also, I notice more wear on them with commuting on the highway, that's for sure. Above like 60 and you probably heat them up a lot and wear them faster.

Those are a few bucks cheaper! Ill have to pick them up from there until shinko comes out with their 805s for us