Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Rex crash cage for the Ulysses

T-Rex crash cage for the Ulysses

Hello all,

I recently purchased and installed the crash cage for the Uly from T-Rex. This is not something they advertise on their site and it took me so long to get any info about it from anyone. But I called them up and they had one for me. Im sure they have more in stock, but I heard they only made 20 cages. I apologize for the one and only photo, it was date night and I was already pushing my luck installing it yesterday. Ill get more once I get my new bars. Price was about $250 shipped. I got it in like 4 days too. Wasnt real impressed with their customer service as the guy I talked to sounded like he was drunk. Instructions were very clear. Came packed nicely too. Here it is:

It mounts to the front isolator bolts(i think ill get a few spares in case i shear one off) and on the left side to part of the V brace. On the right is mounts to the belt tensioner bolts. For the cost of one primary cover, I think this was a great investment as my last Buell had been down on the left side and I had to replace the primary cover AND the shift shaft. Every picture ive seen of a Uly down was on the right side. Again sorry I''ll Get more pics up this weekend.

More pics, please. Looks like you could get some highway pegs mounted up without much trouble.

I will definitely get more pictures of it up. The only thing i worry about it the vibration since its mounted right to the front jug. But ill try just resting my feet on the slider part and see what it feels like.

Looks like the chin fairing can't be installed?

I think it can, i just have it off as im about to do an oil change and I cant ride right now anyways(broken wrist).

As promised, here are some more pictures

As you can see from the last picture, it puts all the vibes that the isolators get rid of, right back into the frame. So the bike vibrates a lot now. I need to figure out a way to rubber mount it this winter. At 4K rpms its pretty bad. But look at that protection!

I have installed the chin fairing on this no problem. Still need to find a way to rubber mount it up front. I think that would help a lot. I might ditch the studs that hold the idler pulley on and go for traditional bolts that are a bit longer so i can get rubber between them. If anyone else has rubber mounted this, id be happy to hear how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by cjanderson_90 View Post
    As promised, here are some more pictures

As you can see from the last picture, it puts all the vibes that the isolators get rid of, right back into the frame. So the bike vibrates a lot now. I need to figure out a way to rubber mount it this winter. At 4K rpms its pretty bad. But look at that protection!
    Protection! man thats like wearing 3 condoms! ha ha ha

Ok ok that was my 1st attempt (and last!) at doing a "quote" and a right royal f**k up i made of it too! lol

There add says for 08 and up. I have a 07. Is there any difference?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast