Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank Bag for the Uly

Tank Bag for the Uly

Hey guys, I know this has been done to death, but the results are all over the place here and I kind of want to get a central location for this topic. I just purchased a Uly a week ago, but its not my first Buell. I put 8000 miles on my 2005 XB9SX this summer alone! Loved that bike but it died in a crash(still may get it at auction). What I want to put together is a list/pic thread of people's tank bags on the Uly. There are a lot of options popping for strap bags it seems in the interest of lighter bikes or whatever. What do you guys run? Ill post a pic of my magnetic one that I mounted magnets to on my Lightning. Post away guys!

Here is the one I had on my lightning before I swapped airbox covers. I worked great EXCEPT that somehow metal shavings and road debris got under the magnets and scratched the crap out of it. It also strapped in the front to the bar clamp and under the seat. Had a rain cover and would expand to become HUGE! The only bad thing was that the footprint of the bag laying flat on the airbox cover was just slightly wider than the airbox cover it self so it didnt fit perfectly. Worked for 5000 miles or so

Heres a link to it, its super cheap! :http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Access...0_SR160%2C160_

Weird that amazon redirected to cabelas

Last edited by cjanderson_90; 10-16-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Inactive
    i'm on my 5th ulysses and have mounted a strap-mount bag on each one. smallish and low is the way to go on a uly IMO. see link below. these are extremely well made...strap system simple and bomb-proof...bag stays put...holds lots of goodies...has factory rain cover. nothing against what you now have but something that size looks ungainly on a uly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nelson-Rigg-...tV6NdA&vxp=mtr

Thats what im looking for Lunatic! I want to get all the options in this thread.

Here is the bag I'm likely to go with. The Wolfman explorer light. It looks very nice but is pricey.

Might check out RKA luggage web site. I bought their 19.5 liter expandable tank bag for my Uly and have not regretted it for a minute. Here a pic of not my bike but they have lots of Buell photos in there gallery.

http://www.rka-luggage.com/A14%20Pho...pics/xb1bi.jpg

Here is what I have figured out for a tank bag. This is on amazon for $33

Inactive
    IMO.....gross. vid man going to tell you how well it works, storage, blah blah blah. it's a tail-bag and not a tank-bag. looks dumb and will buffet around at speed all day long.

^^^^^^^^ what lunatic said.

Well that's just like, your opinion man Haha

In all seriousness, it doesn't buffet at all and actually cuts down on chest wind. I actually like it more than my last tank bag. But thanks for your opinion

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by cjanderson_90 View Post
    Well that's just like, your opinion man Haha

In all seriousness, it doesn't buffet at all and actually cuts down on chest wind. I actually like it more than my last tank bag. But thanks for your opinion
    https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-004

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast