Thread: 2007 xb12stt died on highway no power.. Magically restarts..help please!!

2007 xb12stt died on highway no power.. Magically restarts..help please!!

Ok here's the gist off it...

Riding down the highway at about 65-70 mph 3200 rpms 'ish. Bike sputtered a bit cel popped on then completely died. No (electrical) power what so ever. Sat there for About 15 minutes or so. Turned key to run, got power bike started off I went. About 2 miles down the road.. Same thing... Got it home, did the poor man's cel trouble code test got the 23/32 injector code (would that cause a complete loss of electrical power?). As I don't have a injector tester I couldn't test them individually(nor do I know how). Did the normal thing checking the grounds and all that. Charged Batt no problems there found one wire that had rubbed a little on the rear cyl cover coming from middle of the head to injector harness, fixed it... Now there it's no power again. Turn key on ,relays click lights on cluster flash with the clicking. Bike has 8k+ I I have the service manual for it. The trouble shooting is kind of vague.

Thanks for reading
    Any help please

back to the basics did you make sure the pos and neg to the battery were tight, and no corrosion

Sanded and secured.

So I justCharged the bat Again. 13.5 v . turn the key on with the volt meter on the pos neg terminals and the voltage drops to.43v. Bad bat? Chafed connection?never seen this before.

Inactive
    a fully charged buell battery at rest with both cables connected will show you approx. 12.25 volts. with red run switch to OFF and ignition switch to OFF.. place multi meter on battery. now turn ignition switch to ON. should see approx. 11.5 volts. you are seeing 0.43 volts? your battery has a dead cell and is terminal. fully charge and load test to confirm.

Inactive
    codes 23 & 32 will not cause loss of electrical power. not related. betting you have #16 stored code. check again and clear them all.

Have an 07 Stt. Did the same thing. It ended up being the battery.
    HOWEVER! That was a side effect of a bad 77 connector. Might want to check yours.

Links with pics and stuff

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...38/363568.html

So.. After all that... Battery! I've never had a Batt go that quick. Only4 months old... Guess I'm used to the auto batteries. Thank you all for your assistance and good advice. This forum still tops 'em all.

I after pulling three23 32 code I went through checked all grounds and connectors, looked for chaffing. All is well. I think I got ahead of myself chasing down the"codes". Strangely enough I never got the code16.

Thanks Again y'all

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lbracer View Post
    So.. After all that... Battery! I've never had a Batt go that quick. Only4 months old... Guess I'm used to the auto batteries. Thank you all for your assistance and good advice. This forum still tops 'em all.

I after pulling three23 32 code I went through checked all grounds and connectors, looked for chaffing. All is well. I think I got ahead of myself chasing down the"codes". Strangely enough I never got the code16.

Thanks Again y'all
    my pleasure-our pleasure. buells are hell on batteries as are many high compression big twins. do yourself a favor and buy a quality replacement in AGM style....NOT sealed lead acid. the deka big crank is agm and tremendous quality plus priced right.