Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED Taillight

LED Taillight

Has anyone attempted to install this on a pre 2010 XB Firebolt?

http://www.buellparts.net/content-pr..._assembly.html

The dimensions "look" similar to the stock taillight but you would obviously have to splice the wiring harness for it.

It will fit firebolts and 1125's If you want to save a few bucks, I have a spare.

does anyone sell a led taillight with a red cover, I want to keep the stock look on my 09 12r

Hi guys. So just to get it straight there's no difference between the years when it come to tail lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie116 View Post
    Hi guys. So just to get it straight there's no difference between the years when it come to tail lights?
    The connector on the 2010 LED is the only thing that is different. No big deal to wire it to work though.

Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    does anyone sell a led taillight with a red cover, I want to keep the stock look on my 09 12r
    I've been told you can heat the glue up on these and the cover will come off. I felt the same way so I tried it with a heat gun and a trim tool to the point I thought I was going to melt the light. The adhesive Buell used on these doesn't f%#$ around. I left it alone after about an hour and am surprised at how much I like the look on my 9SX.

Quote Originally Posted by Enemy Zero View Post
    I've been told you can heat the glue up on these and the cover will come off. I felt the same way so I tried it with a heat gun and a trim tool to the point I thought I was going to melt the light. The adhesive Buell used on these doesn't f%#$ around. I left it alone after about an hour and am surprised at how much I like the look on my 9SX.
    Not sure what you are talking about, the 2010 LED is sealed??? I have a 09 XBR (none LED) the cover comes off with 2 screws, I'm looking for a LED with a red cover, can only find clear or smoked.

The 2010 light is glued. You can see it very well in person. If you order one of those cheap led lights on ebay with the turn signals integrated, you can use your stock red cover with a minor bit of filing. I ran one like that for a few years before swapping out to the 2010 light on my 09 9SX

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/bl...il-lights.html
    There is a good amount of info and products out there to make the 2010 LED BUELL tail light exactly what you are looking fore without breaking the bank. Google tail light lens paint.

As far as the plug is concerned, buy the plastic plug end from HD $5, and a RC servo wire extension for the crimped terminals. Take the wires out of the rc plug and slip them into the HD plug. They snap in. Solder the new plug on the old tail light wires and done.

I love the 2010 tail on my bike. Its bright and looks nice.
    Last edited by Dellinger; 01-20-2016 at 06:13 AM.

thanks for the info on the 2010 led lights and the link to paint them!! good info as always.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast