Thread: info from across the pond

info from across the pond

tone....can you tell me anything about Hagon rear shocks? good/bad, worth spending the $$$ on?

Mate they have been made for years and were all the rage to fit on old british bikes, i had them on my triton. They were always really good shocks but not spectacular! I dont have any experience of the latest stuff and dont want to knock a company that may have improved vastly so dont turn them down on my say so because they are a really good shock but good enough for what you want would have to be your decision? Alf hagon was the main man in his day, he raced for years in grass track and/or motocross if i remember correctly so he has vast knowledge which must have carried through to the modern shocks plus a hagon to you may be as cool as a penske to me you know all that UK/USA and USA/UK stuff etc etc, Sorry no real constructive info from me yet again just the same old tone blah blah blah! ha ha Just incase you didnt already check out their website!.... www.hagon-shocks.co.uk
    Last edited by ToneTheMoan; 10-25-2015 at 10:57 AM.

thanks for the info, just looked at the UK site...sounds like great quality stuff like you stated Penske vise versa. we have a US distributor and looking at around $460 give or take a few bucks. they'll set the shock up for my weight and riding style...the base shock before mods for the specific rider is $434. not bad at all in looking for a replacement for the FZ-09. thanks again, Robin

I have to admit i was impressed with the price and you can be assured it will be built well so it sounds good to me! if you do end up getting one i would be really interested to see what you think of it as i am due for my regular 35 yearly hagon update! ha ha ha

will do, although the Hagon does not have a remote reservoir which would be an additional $174 to include it in the set up, but not really needed.

I agree! and at first i wished my penske didnt have a remote it was a pain in the ass to mount on the short tail with my flat seat under tray but then i got the swivel hose mounts that someone on this forum had first and that was problem solved! probably dont really need it though!