Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Integrated CR Headlight

Integrated CR Headlight

I currently run an 1125CR on my XB and had an extra headlight sitting around for parts. I've seen angel & devil eyes in everything else but these. Sometime back I tried to install some in the stock sockets and have 2 mounted in there. There just isn't enough room. So I'm working on installing one unit now.

This will be an integrated install. By that I mean everything will be integrated into the headlight. There will be Angel eyes, Devil eyes, projector beam, turn signals, ballasts; the works. I don't plan on having anything but wires to switches coming out of it.

This thread will be a log of my progress.

RF2.jpg~
    Attached Images Attached Images

ive been wishing i could run that light in the ok. i dont really like the other one. does that light in the pic just bolt up?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocwl View Post
    ive been wishing i could run that light in the ok. i dont really like the other one. does that light in the pic just bolt up?
    It doesn't really just bolt up. The lamp is sitting on there with no adjustability. I'll do a write up here. We'll tear up my parts and see how it goes.

Disassembly

First things first. We need to disassemble the headlight. I removed the retaining strap and pulled out the center running marker.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 10-25-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Cutting Wires

I then cut the wires going to each bulb and removed the rubber covers. Then I removed the bulbs and set all aside.

Photo Oct 25, 9 23 56 AM.jpgPhoto Oct 25, 9 24 48 AM.jpgPhoto Oct 25, 9 25 56 AM.jpg
    Last edited by SEXT9; 10-25-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Lens Removal

Next I removed the lens by sticking a flat screwdriver in the barbed slot and twisting while using another screwdriver on the edge to hold it open. I worked my way around the outside twisting each screwdriver until its open. The silicon sealant will let go. Just be careful not to scratch up the lens.

Photo Oct 25, 9 27 20 AM.jpg

Reflector Removal

Turn the adjuster screws all the way back to remove them as you would any other screw and the reflector will pop loose at each point as you do.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 10-25-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Disassembly Complete!

I've successfully torn up a good CR headlight.

Housing Modification

You may have noticed the center section on my housing has some extra holes in the last photo.

I Dremeled down the middle of because I want a flat surface to run to each adjustment point. You might be able to see this in the picture. I plan on mounting the light to the fabricated plate so the headlight can still be adjusted. The 3/4" hole at the bottom is where I put the light stem through for trial fitting into the housing. I had to see if light was even going to fit in the housing in the middle.

Photo Oct 25, 10 10 58 AM.jpg

UPDATE:

I did some more Dremeling on the housing. I wanted to allow for adjustment movement with the retaining nut on the projector headlight.

~

The cut shape came from following a contour line in the housing. It reminds me of a skull now.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 10-25-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Ballast Mounting

I'm mounting the AC Ballast on the top of the housing. It will be hidden from view since the light and fly screen curves downward. I could've mounted it on top. But this is an all integrated challenge. Besides, I have a transparent fly screen and don't want to see it from that angle.

Photo Oct 25, 11 21 29 AM.jpg

So that required Dremeling some more on the housing. I hope that's all I need to do on housing cutting.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast