Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running issues on 07'XB12STT

Update: I was able to take the bike out for a little over an hour through stop and go and mixed back roads. All is well now with the bike! Idle is rock solid cold or warmed up, pulls hard like it should, fan never came on when riding and the AFV was at 100% when I came home with no error codes.

In my case it was just the 02 sensor that needed to be replaced...

For those that may get the 13 always lean code here are some first steps to check before buying parts/throwing money at the bike:

1.) check all grounds! Have the bike idle at temp and wiggle grounds and ecu harness cables, be very thorough with this first step!

2.) With the lower air box plate off check the connection of the 02 for damage and that it is fully seated/clipped to the harness, check where the 02 is seated at the header to see if it is loose or oil from a rocker box leak.

3.) Check values in ECMSpy, is AFV high or low in value 90%-110%? 90% being rich in fuel 110% being lean, also are your tps setting correct?

4.) IMO if lean like in my case you have a faulty sensor reading or intake leak, check with carb spray at the intake seals for idle change. If there is none, change the 02 sensor at this stage. (worst things would be lack of fuel from failing fuel pump or dirty injectors, which I would hope throw up a code if the case)

5.) If the bike is rich in fuel it could be a number of things such as lack of spark. Check the spark plugs and make sure the boots are seated/not damaged, a failing coil was the issue for some... or maybe a faulty 02 sensor reading is the fault.

It was stated in another thread that AL from ASB says the 02 sensor starts to go at around 15k miles.

Bosch - Oxygen Sensor - 12014 was an exact match in every way to the stock sensor and is the one I went with for $20.00 at O'reilly auto parts with a lifetime replacement warranty.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by lowkey; 10-29-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12