Thread: Lord of the Piston Rings?

Question Lord of the Piston Rings?

Had to tear down my XB9R to fix a tranny issue, and while I am in there I am going to go ahead and freshen it up with a new set of piston rings. My Buell has 30K on it, and runs great, all of the piston and cylinder dimensions check out so no large hard parts need replacing.

So, Buell Nation, should I run stock rings or go with a gapless style TotalSeal set of rings?

Pro's, Con's?

I am leaning toward the TotalSeal product as it advertises higher efficiency and increased power but have never used them, so if you have experience with them please comment.

Thanks...Metz

Does anyone know where I can buy a set of stock rings for my xb9r?

go to www.twinmotorcycles.nl go to buell oem parts finder and find the part number for a ring kit

then go to https://shop.newcastlehd.com/ and paste the part number on the right. Thats how I get all of my parts

Thank you!

I ordered a few sets a while back from Surdyke.com. They are the same rings as 04-up XL1200. They $17/set per piston IIRC. I ordered 4 sets and it came out to $80 after shipping.

Thanks for the help guys. I was able to use cjanderson_90's links and find the p/n. I called our local HD dealer (Biggs in San Marcos) they had them in stock for $23 a set.

All is well...Metz