Thread: I spent the afternoon with Kevin Drum yesterday

I spent the afternoon with Kevin Drum yesterday

After a few months of waiting (while I was healing), I was able to ride the Buell down to Statesville and spend yesterday afternoon and early evening with Kevin Drum of Drummer fame.

It was an honor to meet him. Kevin is a class act - a true gentleman who also just happens to be a genius when it comes to being able to "design things in his head" and then execute them on the spot. I was fortunate enough that the bike I bought earlier this year had a Drummer SS already on it - that was a stroke of luck for which I'm super grateful.

The guy I bought the bike from still had the chin fairing bracket for the right side, but he had lost the left one. Kevin made up a left side bracket yesterday morning and painted it so that it would be ready to go when I got there. We worked together (mainly I watched :-) ) and put both brackets on the bike, mounted the chin cowl, and also put another rear strap on the muffler (that I brought down with me). He did some amazing dremel work and hand-cutting on the spot to make everything fit perfectly. Despite the fairly cold and very dark 2.5 hour drive home, it was a great day all around. I was already a fan of the muffler - turns out he's just as awesome of a man. I took some pictures (below) to include a couple of Drummer's race bike (1125) as well as some this morning of the completed project:

Kev IS the main man I should have got you to say hello i didnt ring him for a while! Your bike with that pipe on looks Amazing!!

Thank you! It's been a labor of love and much fun to work on and ride since getting her in June.

Kevin is the man - I know he's not "online" much, and as such doesn't get as much press in the "what exhaust should you get" threads. That being said, I'm completely happy with my pipe and power band, and I can't recommend his products (and him) enough.

I couldn`t have put it better myself! Your bike is one to be proud of! real clean i like it!!

Nice bikes!