Thread: 1125r Help

1125r Help

I recently purchased a 2009 1125r and love the features on the dash compared to the XB. After going through the service manual and checking out all the functions I came across the security function. Long story short I tried the factory 0000 and every other thing I can think of(last 4 of vin, year of bike, ect.) I contacted the previous owner and he said that he never set it so now I'm here. I have done some research but haven't gotten a definitive answer so I'll ask. Is there a way to recover or reset the pin? HD dealership or new EMC and IC? Just curious what it would take or if anyone even knows.

Anybody? Any ideas?

Just to clarify what's the issue; are you locked out on your dash or trying to set your own pin?

Hd can reset it. If it has never been turned on then it is off. The users manual explains it all.

I have read the user manual, the service manual, and the electrical diagnostic manual. There is nothing about pin recovery, only setting the original pin or changing the pin if you have the current pin. I just got off the phone with HD and they said all they can do is disable it for you not recover actual pin or change the pin. The bike runs just fine so I know this is just me being picky but I would like to be able to use the function. I figured maybe one of you knew a way to recover or reset it. I know if you get a new IC the ECM will write the info on it and if you get a new ECM the IC will write the info on so what if you replaced both at the same time?

So, some previous owner changed the PIN, then disabled the 'ask on key off' setting? I think you're hosed Bambam. Just keep that function disabled, it's a PITA anyway...