Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on a 2006 Buell XB12SCG w/ 15K for Miles

Advice on a 2006 Buell XB12SCG w/ 15K for Miles

I am looking at buying a 2006 Buell XB12SCG w/ 15K for miles with translucent orange plastics in excellent shape. I have the guy down to $3,750.00, is that a good deal???

Have you looked at the bike yourself? Are the fluids fresh? The battery new? Tires in good shape? How does it run? The clutch functioning properly? Brakes in good order?
    $3750 is a good price for an xb that is in good running condition. If ANYTHING is wrong with it or maintenance has not been kept up I'd try to get it s little lower.
    You miss something on your initial inspection and test drive.... ....the repair/parts bill could be steep.
    If you're not mechanically inclined or don't trust your mechanical abilities, I suggest you do some research on what shop in your area is capable of repairing or maintaining the bike. A good Buell tech is like a unicorn.
    Hope this helps. Good luck with your purchase

if the bike checks out, YES!! thats good deal for a 1203 with only 15K on it..even if there was a few things wrong with it... as long as the motor and gear box checked out I wouldn't hesitate. Ebay prices for salvaged XB parts go for a song if you are in the USA.

True. Motor, gearbox and major electrical check out, it's a good deal.

without a doubt.. later on you are going to run into little things like wheel bearings, cables just little ****.. but that's with anything

I'm going to go with the cash and look at it at the same time Friday. I'm not an expert but at the same time not completely clueless as I currently own a 2003 XB9S. Just not sure if the power differential is worth it. This 06 XB12 is bone stock no mods at all so right off the bat I will have to spend $$ on an exhaust. My 03 has modified air box and drummer exhaust so that kind of stuff was taken care of already plus it runs great. Not sure if I want to get into another bike so unless it is awesome deal maybe I should pass...

I have both a 12 and a 9... there is a difference. Id take a 12 over a 9 any day but I like them both. You can just transfer your drummer and your other stuff over to the 12 and download that race map.. Youll see...

I will go see it on Sunday and take it from there, I have put so much tender love and care on my XB9S not sure if I can part ways but I am tempted.

Just wanna make sure this VIN is of an SCG 4MZWX03D063500246, can you guys check?

Quote Originally Posted by xb9swilsonville View Post
    I'm going to go with the cash and look at it at the same time Friday. I'm not an expert but at the same time not completely clueless as I currently own a 2003 XB9S. Just not sure if the power differential is worth it. This 06 XB12 is bone stock no mods at all so right off the bat I will have to spend $$ on an exhaust. My 03 has modified air box and drummer exhaust so that kind of stuff was taken care of already plus it runs great. Not sure if I want to get into another bike so unless it is awesome deal maybe I should pass...
    its good to have both a 9 and a 12 in the stable.. they are different. The 9 nine is like rockin to Danzig and the 12 is like rocking out to Motorhead. The 9 is the Daryl Dixon of sport bikes and the 12 is the Merle Dixon of sport bikes.. the way they ride on the street are kinda different. its like two different experiences, both good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast