Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in the SoCal area have EcmSpy?

Anyone in the SoCal area have EcmSpy?

I'm having a engine stalling issue when the bike is warm. After about a 30 minute ride I have to keep the rpms up at stoplights to keep it from dying. The dealership I got the bike is going to fix it under warranty, but I don't want them to kee the bike for over a week guessing at what the problem is. I think the ecm may have been tuned or messed with in the past, because it runs super rich and has a k&n filter. I'm guessing that it used to have an aftermarket exhaust and switched to stock when they sold the bike. If just like to know what the bike is doing under these conditions and I don't have access to a PC to download EcmSpy. If one of you guys in the area have it and are willing to mess around with my bike a 6 pack of your choosing could be yours!

frost, I feel bad that no one has replied to your post. I'm in Southern Cal but probably not close as I live between Palm Springs and Coachella. I'm kinda the blind leading the blind... I have ECM Spy but all I know how to do is adjust the TPS and clear codes. I'm a Mac user and when I realized I needed ECM Spy, I started looking at used Windows-based laptops and PCs on Craigslist. Then I renembered I still had an old PC running XP stored away so now it's set up in my garage just for the bike. Maybe you might want to buy an old PC... It would be worth it just to have access to ECM Spy... Might save you a few bucks in the future if the dealer is your only other alternative.

Already on it! I'm in Texas for work but the cable should be at the house when I return and a friend is giving me an old laptop. Currently the bike is at the shop I bought it from and they're doing what they can to fix my stalling issue while I'm away

Good news then!

Where In SoCal are you exactly.

Rancho Palos Verdes right by San pedro

303frost where's my 6pack... haha hit me up when you're back in town bud.

For sure! I get back on Tuesday. Eager to see what the shop did to it, they had it for over a week

Keep us posted, im in San Diego and run a small independent shop we do a lot of buells

Hey lowkey you want beer or a couple bottles of wine? I have an endless supply of the latter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast