Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tires, what are you using?

Tires, what are you using?

sold
    Last edited by buell248; 03-22-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Inactive
    dave: no opinion whatsoever on tires other than all the major brands are great....shinkos biggest bang for the buck. this outfit has some really great pricing. took me a bit to find the "specials" on their site but use them alot.

https://www.jakewilson.com/

Inactive
    my 2009 SX stil on the original pirellis at 9600 miles but i ride like a puss. if it helps you out dave bring your new tires and wheels down to me and i'll mount and balance them for you free of charge. i do it for board members.

Michelin pilot power 3 on my firebolt work very well. I have been through a few sets and got great traction the entire time. They also did well in the rain. On my 1125r I have the Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 which stick like glue but don't last very long. I also don't have any rain experience on the Pirelli so I can't speak on that. Good luck on your choice but either way I would go up to Lunatic and have him mount and balance em. Great man to know and this sites version of Einstein.

Regular Pirelli Diablos get around 3k miles and stick great in all conditions and i ride pretty hard core.... Running the Michelin pilot power 3s now stick great as well in all conditions yet to see end miles.... Dunflops suck.......

The stock diablos did me almost 10k miles, but I had not confidence at them at steep lean angles, they were hard as a rock. I switched to pilot powers and man they are like glue but mileage sucked. Maybe 3-5k miles (Didn't really keep track). I'm now putting a set of pilot power 3s on hoping to have the great traction with longer wear. I'd rather run through tires twice as fast but have that extra grip and not wreck.

Pilot Powers on there now....set of Q3s already here for when they need to be changed.

Im on my second set of Pilot Road 2's. Love them!

You guys ever do track days on the original diablos? Mine are still good with plenty of tread left. I'm pretty sure they are a bit harder than they were. Looks to have been replaced around 3-4k miles ago before I got the bike.

I was gonna swap them over to Bstone S20s since I've had good experience with them as dual purpose street/track tires, but was wondering if I could stretch out the diablos a bit longer.

I have track time on my diablos, they held up well. Once the rear scrubbed in it was awesome, front was walking a bit and felt hard, was only running 30lbs also. My track bike has shinko apexes, yet to be on the track w them, super sticky upon delivery. Will update in March when the season starts. Sorry had to edit, track bike will be getting shinko stealths, for some reason I thought I ordered apexes til I just walked out to my shop.

Last edited by wickedchop; 11-20-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast