Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tires, what are you using?

Stand up move John......

I've had really good luck with the shinko ravens. I put about 8k on them this year and they were on the bike when I got it. So if I had to guess I would say the rear had any were from 9k to 10k on them before the rear needed changed.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Stand up move John......
    thank you wally.

I've had the Conti-Motions on a '04 XBS, and a '06 XbSs. I really liked them on the street, and I got pretty good mileage from them (+/-5K). You could totally tell when they were cold vs. hot. I never had them on the track though.
    They did well during a few Florida rain storms, but the roads here don't stay dry long enough to get that first rain greasy nightmare.

I'd buy them again for an inexpensive, well wearing, everyday tire. I'd buy something stickier for aggressive-street or track use.

I'm riding an '04 xb12r. My first streetbike, but it's official, I'm a diehard Buell fan to the end now. I have Pirelli diablos on her and I love them.

Michelin Power Pilot 3's IMO for best performance and wear balance.

Dave I just ran the balls off some shinko apexes on the track bike, they were good and stuck and wore well but now that I'm moving to the gsxr front-end im buying Q3's ........I'm at the track a TON and the general consensus is Q3's by a long shot

I just put on a set of brand new Q3's for $280 shipped with a visa card promo rebate of $40 so $240 for the tires and then another $75 to get them mounted and balanced so total cost will be $315 for the Dunlops. I switched from the Michelin Pilot road 3 because I was riding on a patch in the rear and the front started to wear with bumps probably due to under inflation. I chose the Q3's because I wanted the performance and thats what I got. I miss the good looks of the Michelins but who cares about that really. The Q3 has a more aggressive "tip in" than the PR3 and there is more feedback for sure with the Q3. The Q3 heats up very fast too. I will be lucky to get a year out of the Dunlops because I have a solid mix of southern california canyons and track riding but thats ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    Yes, the Q3's look like a good choice, I picked up a nail in my rear tire last weekend, put a plug in it for now but dont trust it.
    dude, if you can afford a new tire then please replace the tire that has a patch. Even if you have the "good" type of patch from the inside, just please get a new tire if you can. Eliminate the thought from your mind about the patch and ignore the guys who say its fine because they are not thinking in your best interest, they are just vomiting back out stuff they heard from other people who don't know the physics associated with motorcycle tires, traction and carcass construction.

Road King! Awesome! got pics?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast