Thread: Ecm spy finally!

Ecm spy finally!

I have been trying to get ecmspy to connect for a few months now and I finally got it to work today!! The cable that I had purchased in April had a pin that wasn't making contact so I pulled the plug apart and fixed it! Now the fun begins. Thanks to all who have posted about ecmspy issues in the past. If it weren't for you all I doubt I would have ever figured it out lol. So if anyone has any advice for a spy noob that would be great! I'm going to keep digging into how it works. I have a local guy who has a dyno and specializes in tuning Harleys who wants to learn the spy and throw the buell on the dyno and tweak it a bit to see what she can do. He has had several buellers hit him up to tune there bikes for the strip. He has turned them down because of a lack of experience with buell and not having one close to work with. I told him I would be more than happy to let him use my bike as his lab rat. This guy has the nastiest turbo bagger I've ever seen.

ok now I'm a bit curious why would I need another ecm? If I can find the link I will send it to you.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DSHUMAKER View Post
    ok now I'm a bit curious why would I need another ecm? If I can find the link I will send it to you.
    you don't darin. just save your eeprom prior to fiddling. tons of posts on here how to do it.

I know I don't John I just wanted to know what his reasoning behind it was. Believe me I've studied up tons on here and other buell forums. The guy I'm talking my bike to is one of the best tuners around central Illinois if I thought for a second that I had anything to worry about I wouldn't take it to him. I figure if I haven't blown her up yet I'm not going to..... knock on wood. Anyhow I get to mess around with a dyno how cool is that!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DSHUMAKER View Post
    I know I don't John I just wanted to know what his reasoning behind it was. Believe me I've studied up tons on here and other buell forums. The guy I'm talking my bike to is one of the best tuners around central Illinois if I thought for a second that I had anything to worry about I wouldn't take it to him. I figure if I haven't blown her up yet I'm not going to..... knock on wood. Anyhow I get to mess around with a dyno how cool is that!
    never had anything dyno tuned darin but thinking you're going to love it. no more flat spots....cooler running...more power....not so finnicky on cold start and take-off. should be great.

It will be nice this guy has had several buellers hit him up for tunes but he's never had one close to play with. The way I see it it's a good thing for both of us. I just wish I could get a newer version of ecmspy to work but what I have is a good start.

how exactly does ecm spy work? do you have to pay for the software?