Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Forum, Finally got me an xb9s! [Pics]

New to Forum, Finally got me an xb9s! [Pics]

I traded my 1999 harley-davidson xl1200c with 25k miles to a guy on craigslist for his 2003 xb9s with 28k miles.
    Seemed like a dead even trade. I graduated high school in 2003 and was looking at Buell bikes for work and school
    but couldn't afford one. Years later got on a used Vstar650 and then eventually the Sportster 1200. I loved that HD but
    it was kinda tiring to ride in the twisty canyon which I ride almost daily to get to work. I'm so psyched to finally have a
    Lightning in such great condition. He had his shop do an axle to axle maintenance including a complete rebuild. Brand
    new tires, clutch, belt, fluids, fork seals. I really scored, especially since it cost me nothing but a title transfer out of pocket. At
    first it seemed too good to be true, but then I met him, he's an older gent who says he made the mistake of buying
    a young man's bike. He was looking for his first harley. I was happy to oblige. Here are some pics of the Harley and
    my xb9s. The freshly powder-coated rims look so good! All I need are some bar-end mirrors in a matching red. I'm
    so lucky and so happy. Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited by kc24v; 11-17-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Nice looking bike and good luck with your purchase. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome kc24y.
    You lucked out, with a young man's bike that received old man's money and attention to detail.

Hello mate! It sounds like true love to me! lol Good buy of a really nice bike well done!

Very nice XB; the rims do give the bike a great road stance; sweet!

You said it. I forgot to mention the aftermarket exhaust that sounds pretty meaty. Maybe not as slick as a Jardine or as deep as a Hawk exhaust, but good enough to leave it as is.

Congrats on the trade. I am purchasing an 09 xb12s and a HD sportster from my brother. The Buell is less than 5,000 miles while the sportster has some miles on it.
    Probably will clean up the sportster and sale, keeping the Buell.

welcome to the forum and the world of Buell. Learn to use the forum search feature well my young padawan. May the force be with you. ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME read it, learn it, live it. it is real easy on these bikes to get going faster than you realize, especially in the canyons.

Welcome aboard man, super nice looking buell, trade seemed like it worked for everyone. I love when both party's are happy or just me...lol. and like mrlogix said where your effin gear ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!

Great looking Buell you got! Great trade if you ask me!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast