Thread: Weird electrical issues

Weird electrical issues

1. My headlight is dim. My high beams are plenty bright. I suspect this is just a tired bulb but I thought I'd throw it in here in case its relevant.
    2. A week ago while out riding, I noticed my rear tail light and brake light started flickering. It went out as I got near my house. When it went out, my signals didn't work and neither did the brake lights.
    3. A few days ago I started it up and the tail light and signals were working. It worked for the rest of the ride. All except my front right signal.

Anyone know what is going on? Battery is pretty new and bolts are tight and secure. Nothing else seems weird about the bike.

Start buy checking your wiring to and from the various components that are having issues. Sound like something isn't connected as securely as it should be, could be a short somewhere in the front or rear light connector, or it could be a corroded ground.
    There's a ground at the battery. The one the negative terminal grounds to. Check that. Chase the wiring from your tail light down to the connector that is located close the bottom left of your subframe near the battery. Also check the ground at the front headstock area. It's located behind the lights.
    Just start scrutinizing your wiring and you should find your issue.
    BTW you did say your battery is good right?
    Good luck

Yes battery is good. Ground is good too. Cleaned last time my battery died (post rattled loose). I'll check the connectors and the ground up front.