Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 06 XB9SX intermitent problem

Are the two interchangeable? The bike is a 2006

No, different part numbers, definitely different parts.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. With the miles on the bike im not apposed to putting on new stuff even if its not the problem so im gonna give it a go.

Check the parts cross reference thread. I picked up a Bosch O2 sensor from a local auto parts store for $18. I would check the timing via the service manual just to get an idea of what the CPS is doing. When you look at your fuel and timing maps does anything look out of whack?
    You definitely have some sort of electric gremlin going on. Im don't know enough about the electrical system or the ECM to tell you what sensors get triggered after a certain operating temp. HTS was my best guess but you've eliminated that. Have you looked over the entire wire harness? Also, if the base gasket is bad enough I think that could lead to the running issue you've discribed. Either way you'll have to rotate the engine and dissasemble the rear cylinder to fix the base gasket. You'll definitely see if there is an internal mechanical issue when you do that.
    Sorry, I'm just out of ideas.

Inactive
    if you find that you need one gets no cheaper than this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSCH-CHEVRO...9VspJe&vxp=mtr

Found a few bare wires so I fixed them and rebound the harness but nothing bad, and it didnt fix anything. Ive put nearly 1500 miles on the current top end gasket set and didnt start leaking till this cylinder problem happened which lead me to think maybe bum lifters causing case pressure leading to leaks

Dunno, gonna dig into it some more this afternoon.

new cps no change

Just finished rotating the engine and tearing it down rear front lifter was near the bottom of travel. Going to replace these with comp cam 850-1 lifters. Been researching oem style and these keep poping up so gonna give em a go. Oddly they cross reference to vortec style gen 1 Chevrolet 350 roller engines

Been awhile since I checked back in on this. Got the bike all back together finally and sure enough its running great. Just went around the block a few times but all seems to be well.

Side note - make sure the intake boot is all the way on if you have a ASB intake... If not you'll get an odd issue of the bike flat dying when accelerating past 1700rpms. Boy I felt dumb...

Thought I had this problem fixed but after one ride out a month or so ago it obviously was not.

I have again gone through just about everything on this bike, it would run fine for about 2-4 mins then start missing on the rear cylinder till the rear cylinder would not come in at all unless I got the rpms over 2k and quickly cuts out if the rpms go down. But now when I rev the engine it'll try to sputter and backfire till 2k rpms. Voltages are pretty standard across the board 13.8-14.1

-New sensors (all)
    -New fuel pump
    -New stator
    -Mosfet style reg new (SH775)
    -Fresh top end teardown
    -Fresh Plugs
    -New coil

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast