Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Buell owner in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomshadow View Post
    Attachment 2281Attachment 2280
    here is my bike.. I burn nothing but 2-stroke oil..
    That thing is Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHamNeggs View Post
    Welcome dtdevil, your Buell Xb12Scg is no joke. I'm sure you'll have fun making it yours. Some smart guys advised installing frame sliders to prevent damage in low speed falls. I'm taking their advise, you should consider this as well. Good luck on your road trip.
    After going down that first time I am doing the same, I didn't think I would fall so much in love with the bike that I'm even considering the stunt cage for extra protection, but they look pretty to gaudy..... And I'm not planning on dropping her ever again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    Welcome! That's a heck of a paint job. Little loud for my taste but it's your bike not mine. Sorry to hear about your parking incident. You thought about taking a rider training course? Might be a worth while investment prior to your long trip. You'd be amazed at how invisible you are on a bike.
    For your trip try and locate a good set of sportbike saddle bags. Dowco makes some cheap ones. Without rider pegs/brackets you can thread and eyebolt into the mounting points or said pegs and secure your saddlebags.
    For relatively cheap and pretty much new condition used parts try Buellsterparts.com
    There are several members that sell parts. Maybe one will hit you up.
    Good luck with the bike!
    And for Gods sake, keep the rubber side down!
    Oh yes I have been shopping quite a bit at buellsterparts.com, great site for me to make my wallet disappear!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    And by the way kid we are not trying to push you away. Just breaking your balls a bit. We take our buells and our hobby seriously.....well kind of..lol we just want our bikes and riders to not look as though we are tied into the slammed, stretched, led'd, airbrushed, polished ghetto scene. We ride hard here...our riding speaks volumes. We don't need smoke and mirrors to stand out.
    Haha no worries I'm thick skinned

It been awhile but I think it was about 5K

what caused it to die on you? what was the situation ?

glad the bike grew on you... buells are the dark horses of the sport bike world .. a lot of misconceptions about them floating around in on the web and the press..in the right hands and on the right roads a buell can be a beast. that bottom end and mid range aint nothing to laugh at , especially in its class
    Last edited by Gloomshadow; 02-18-2016 at 03:59 PM.

I started it up to let it warm on a cold day, while I was putting on gear it just died, no sputter or slow like it was running on battery and died, just off.

So I tried starting it, it turned over would fire then pop from under intake box. The throttle blades were black with a lot of oil caper inside the air box. It was backfiring in the throttle body. So I replaced the plugs cleaned the throttle body out, cleaned the air temp sensor, found one of the spark plug wires had a worn out wire to the rear and was tapped up with electrical tape. I've got new plugs coming in the mail, then I'll reset the tps and I'll work from there.

I'll probably drain the tank and replace the fuel filter betting it's pretty gunky anyways, I need to find the pulling tool. And oil change while I'm at it.

And if I can't figure it out, I'll hire a professional to take my money!

So I noticed a theme, I own a mustang,my Mach 1 and a Pegasus, my Buell..... So now I need a unicorn! Then my pretty pony collection will be complete!

so dtdevil, did everything sort out on the bike?.. why don't you cut us a video of this thing. I want a closer look at that paint.. I got my popcorn standing by.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234