Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: first Buell.

first Buell.

I just bought my first Buell a 2005 XB12R with 17k miles. I was going to look/buy it's twin about a five minuet drive from my house but fellow member Otto76689 beat me to it. I located one 1.5 hours south in CT gave them a $1000. while I did a VIN check (one owner adult owned) looks factory fresh. The only mods are adjustable colour keyed leavers, directional indicators, a lot of carbon fiber including the rss and I think the muffler it doesn't look stock to me. The shop is going to store it for me till April as I am unable to ride it home now do to a crash five weeks ago and don't feel like driving a trailer there and back.

buell.jpgbuell1.jpg

My wife with her new V-Stom 650ABS I bought for her with only 20mi from a dealer in NH last Monday to replace a V-Strom 650ABS with 8k mi I crashed five weeks ago. We have all the adventure gear for it in the garage that ill install this winter.

kittt sold.jpg

shane-

EDIT: I'm not sure why the photos are rotated, they load correctly at my end. EDIT:
    Last edited by roversweed; 11-22-2015 at 04:43 AM.

The muffler on the buell is the buell race can and a good exhaust. Nice bike and welcome to the forum .

Welcome to the zoo man. Tons of good dudes her w tons of info. Love the black and Amber. Good luck w her and ride the tires off that thing.

Congratulations...enjoy the bike!

Was that the one at Superfly. I live 5 min from there

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    The muffler on the buell is the buell race can and a good exhaust. Nice bike and welcome to the forum .
    Thank you, I stayed up too late last night researching and every thing i read says it's the "race" muffler. When I get it home I'll have to check the ecm to see it's the race version.

Quote Originally Posted by KGAWDTSi View Post
    Was that the one at Superfly. I live 5 min from there
    It is, do you have any info on it? If so please tell me it's as good as it looks.

shane-

Sorry Shane. I don't have any info on the bike. I just saw it on Craigslist for a month or so but never went down there to check it out. It looked nice from the photos though

Quote Originally Posted by KGAWDTSi View Post
    Sorry Shane. I don't have any info on the bike. I just saw it on Craigslist for a month or so but never went down there to check it out. It looked nice from the photos though
    Not a problem mate. I'll send you a message when I go pick it up. It would be nice knowing other localish Buell owners.

shane-

Nice, roversweed! Welcome!

Thanks for all the warmth guys! I finally talked to the owner of the shop unlike his lackey he knows the bike's history. It was bought new with the race kit installed from the factory. I'm happy to have found a bike that from appearances looks to be one hell of a catch and at $3850. not a bad price ether. It's to bad i'm not healed yet as I would be ridding it now. I need to go out the garage and make room for the wife's car 4 bikes and put my summer car to it's winter sleep, when we bought the house we thought that a 3 bay garage would be plenty big.

shane-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast