Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All XB models Ground wire Anomaly and Solution

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
    That's a good read but without images... I got nothing. Somebody translate the locations of the widgets and wonders in pictures for the new guys who might want to check on these connections.
    triple clamp - flyscreen - etc.
    pics? widgets and wonders? bottom triple clamp? simply put for the "buell-challenged".....get a light and kneel down at the front of your bike. now look up at the center front of your bottom triple clamp. see a #30 torx screw holding a bundle of wires to the clamp? that is what the article specifically refers to. if you do NOT know what a triple clamp is or where it is located then you have absolutely no business whatsover even attempting preventive maintenance and repairs however minor.

if you do NOT know what a triple clamp is or where it is located then you have absolutely no business whatsover even attempting preventive maintenance and repairs however minor.
    Nicely put John.. LOL in the morning with my coffee!!!

Thanks for clearing that up John.
    Even though the grounds on my xb12s harness aren't located at the front head stock/triple clamp area I think I'm still going to follow you advice on those grounds.
    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up John.
    Even though the grounds on my xb12s harness aren't located at the front head stock/triple clamp area I think I'm still going to follow you advice on those grounds.
    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
    sounds good and thanks for the kind words. for what it's worth there appears to be slight variances in ground placements for particular years and models though every single one i just checked are ALL in the front at either bottom triple clamp or front of frame/head-stock area and all are black 4-wire bundle affixed to 2 silver colored eyelet terminals. in my shop right now are a 2003 firebolt...2010 ulysses...2009 lightning SS...2009 lightning SX....2008 lightning SX....and a 2007 lightning SX. just checked all of them and a 2 have the torx screw and grounds affixed to the bottom triple clamp....3 have the torx and grounds affixed to center of frame head-stock...and the 2003 model has them affixed to the headstock pinch bolt. either or they are all at the front steering neck area. look there and you'll see them. chalk it up to running production line oddities.

I'd just take it on the chin or with a grain of salt(Whatever euphemism you prefer) if I were you. Trust me, John wasn't the only one thinking that. I'm not trying to knock you, and I seriously doubt John was purposely trying to take a shot at you, but you really should AT LEAST know the basics. It seems like you're a fairly clever guy. A quick google search and you'd save yourself from THESE moments.

Thanks John, I find your posts very useful.

Wasn't meant to be drama.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

John, he needs a translator for 'scooternese'. LMFAO.

"scooternese" thats brilliant i wish i had thought of it! ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
    Miracle whip... NOT Hellmann's HAHA!
    Miracle whip is not mayonnaise. Just so were clear.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast