Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is XB12SCG too low ?

Is XB12SCG too low ?

Hello everyone, I am looking to buy a XB12s but have found a SCG and am considering it. My only concern is that I haven't sat on either of them. I am 5ft10 and after a bit of research on this site, I am wondering about the seat height. According to the specs, an xb12s has a seat height of 30.1 inches and the SCG a seat height of 28.6. Correct me if I am wrong but if the SCG is equipped with 1 or 2 inch lowered foot pegs and a standard seat instead of their special lowered seats, wouldn't the SCG now have the same height of an XB12s? I understand that the ground clearance is slightly different.
    I am hoping to get your opinions and feedback from those of you who know firsthand. Are my calculations correct, is the ride alot different with the different suspension, would the drop pegs or low clearence be an issue, etc.
    Thanx in advance.

I may be stating the obvious here but the seat height is measured from the floor to the actual seat height. As such, the foot pegs height is irrelevant to the seat height.

You may want to measure both bikes when you go look at them. I'm assuming they are used so they may not be at the original spec height.

However, the foot peg height is relative to your comfort while riding the bike.
    Last edited by MrHamNeggs; 11-27-2015 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Add info

The suspension of the SCG is what makes it lower. It's got less travel & a lower centre of gravity so the bike's not going to comply with the road, or flick from side to side, as well as the other XBs.

The lightnings came with 1" drop pegs
    The firebolts came with no drop pegs

The suspension is different. Not just the seat. I am 5'7" 160lb and I can almost have both heals on the ground. The standard height bikes even with the low seat I feel were too tall for me.

Thanks for the replies...it confirms what I had thought. AZmidget91, I guess if you feel that way, I would feel the same but a bit more.

So a higher seat could give me an extra inch and the 2 inch pegs would give me a bit more comfort while riding...but probably not enough of either with my height

The Scg is tiny. I'm 5'6" and it's perfect for me. Sat on the Ss when they first came out and the riding position was fine for even my height. Try it before you decide.

I'm confused, are you concerned you are too short for even a SCG? Also, all lightnings came with 1" drop pegs. At 5'10" you shouldn't have a problem with either the S or SCG

Banned
    I bought the SCG because the SCG is the best looking XB, it has the best proportions.

I agree, also the low seat absolutely makes the look of the bike. Without the low seat, I don't know if I would have a buell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast