Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clutch wont adjust correctly, pulled Primary cover, found peices of cover behind adj

Clutch wont adjust correctly, pulled Primary cover, found peices of cover behind adj

yesterday bike suddenly nearly completely lost Neutral, tried adjusting and it would hold for about 3-4 pulls on lever. pulled Pri cover to find that one whole side of Pri. cover had broke off and was behind the clutch adjustment and was was eating things up...the 3 questions I have are.

1) when draining oil from pri it was really heavy with metal flaking...Im wondering if friction plates wear thin enough to cause Primary cover to break????

2) is the Clutch adj being held or does it rest against that Pri cover, or is it my lucky day and im able to slap it all back together and get on down the road???

3) any suggestions on what may prevent this from happening again???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Common problem, you need the plate that will be screwed into the back side of the primary cover

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...-Primary-Cover

Order from here
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16PZ...Nsd5A/viewform

AZmidget91, your the man, thanks for quick response, I was 30 sec from buying new cover,,,,

thanks again

Thank you AZ, you rock!
    I got your order Shayne and it will ship out first thing tomorrow! will you PM your email address to me, just want to make sure I have it correctly...never seen a coma in an email address before!

dflack001

dflack001 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

no comma in my email....its a period or a dot,,,,, sorry
    thanks for the quick shipping..in advance

Huh, I deleted a ton of stuff! oh well, sorry man! Went out today and I'll email you the invoice and tracking number...thank you!

Is this kit for a 09 12r? I just changed my oil 2 weeks ago and noticed some small metal shavings, just bought the bike 2 months ago, less than 4000 miles on it. Not having any clutch problems for now.

This kit works on all the different Buell XB models! That's awful low mileage to have this issue...but it only takes one time of adjusting your clutch wrong to start messing things up.

Dont know if anyone touched anything prior to my ownership, just know what I seen on the drain plug when I removed it, small amount of metal shavings, never seen anything like that before. Do you have kits in stock? Might buy one for cheap insurance.

Yes I have kits in stock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast