Thread: Bucket List Trips

Bucket List Trips

My good friend Mark has a bucket list trip of riding up Pikes Peak. I feel it's the least I can do to go with him because ya, know... I'm such a giver

He lives near the beach in Los Angeles, so we are hitting some bits of Route 66 on the way east but mostly just getting the Hell out of LA (and probably Cali) on the first day. We have a week in May planned so the weather should be nice, but the schedule is open. There isn't much in the desert, except desert, but once you cross the border to AZ on the 40 there are some options. So far, we have a few places to go through like by the Hoover Dam, through Laughlin, and of course his moms house in Illbequirky, NM for home made Chili Rellenos and Empanadas before going north to Pikes Peak. That northern turn is where it starts to get interesting! Lots of little squiggly lines on the Atlas to get there!

He's riding a '14 BMW S1000R (I LOVE that bike) and I'll be on my CR (I think), but I do live in Floriduh so getting it there will be fun. I don't want to blow $2000 just to ship it both ways. Maybe buy something there and then sell it when I'm done?

Any ideas for me??

What's your B.L.T.??

Have fun man, sounds awesome. My bucket list trip would be for all of us buellers on this forum to meet somewhere and ride it the fu@k out for like two weeks.

You have got to do this it is a once in a life time ride, wish I could do with you but I am on the east coast.

We keep planning a route from LA to Pikes Peak, and I'm getting frustrated trying to figure out mileage, hotels, food, and hours in the saddle per day... so I just threw it away

Now we only have a wish list of stuff to see in the SW USA, a pocket of cash, and we will wing it everyday. I feel better already

Should I go with my brain and try to get a 2 year old BMW S1000R that I know is amazing? Or go with my heart and try to get a EBR SX? I've never ridden an SX before will 6 hours in the saddle kill my taint?

I refuse to ride a cruiser on this trip, even my own...

2014 SX in white with 16 miles on it for $9999 on Lehigh Valley Pa Clist, at Blackmans Cycle Center.

Oh dang. It would have to be white.

You are a very bad influence my friend...

They have a RX demo for $9500 on ebay. Have fun on your ride, Im planning on a ride to Florida in the summer, takeing my flhx.