Thread: Bluetooth setup with tunerpro rt

Bluetooth setup with tunerpro rt

Looking for some help here from the guys that have done this. I have one of the home made transmitters. I am using a Surface with windows 10. I have got it to work with the cable without a problem. The bluetooth pairs and shows up as com7 in the device manager also in tunerpro. when I have it try to find the hardware it cant. Is there some settings I am missing? I have searched the forums not much info on this.

Might need more info on the module itself and associated bits. Are you confident of the design?

Thanks for replying.
    Its an HC-6. It is using a 5v regulator and RX and TX are on the proper pinouts. It pairs up so its transmitting and the processor is good. the voltage was reversed when I got it. ( son - electrical engineering student senior built it LOL.). There is no voltage divider to drop the voltage to 3.3.

I would be looking at Tx from the module to the ECM (data link socket pin 1). Is there any activity? What voltage does driving a logic 1 on Tx provide (while connected to the bike)? I don't have the HC-6 to play with...

Maybe someone else will chime and confirm that the HC-6 has already been successfully used with the Buell ECM.

HC-06 will work with the Buell ECM, but it is not dependable with Tunerpro RT. I have logged a few hours worth using a HC-06 and ECMDroid, but couldn't get it to connect to TunerPro RT. After talking with Michael Cobb, it isn't even worth attempting because they will fail. Higher quality Bluetooth chips will work, but they cost a significant amount more. I will be selling some Bluetooth dongles approved by Michael Cobb to be used with Tunerpro RT soon, I have parts, just need free time to make them.

I use HC-06 with my android phone to and it works great as far as tunerpro no good like Az said. You might think of getting a android bluetooth tablet that works well to.

I actually put my tuning software on a 7" x86 based windows tablet (winbook tw700), docked in my RAM mountX Grip, and tether it to the diag cable. That way I can view the input in realtime while also logging.

Phelan, the Android app also displays realtime data