Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBR 1190RS Factory Race Bike

After asking around a little on this, it appears this may very well be one of 3 1190 RR models in existence. If you can look at the rear wheel and determine if it's a PVM wheel, it stands a VERY HIGH chance of it being an RR. That makes this one an ULTRA RARE 1190 race bike and quite possibly worth FAR more than the asking price. Only one of these was sold in the US. One went to Europe for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Pretty sure the one you have is an RS, not the RR. Fairly certain all the RR models were bare aluminum frames and there was only 3 produced. One is in Europe somewhere, one at Barber possibly, the third one I'm not sure of though. I'll ask to verify this info.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering that as well about the frame. Every picture I have seen has the bare aluminum frame.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    After asking around a little on this, it appears this may very well be one of 3 1190 RR models in existence. If you can look at the rear wheel and determine if it's a PVM wheel, it stands a VERY HIGH chance of it being an RR. That makes this one an ULTRA RARE 1190 race bike and quite possibly worth FAR more than the asking price. Only one of these was sold in the US. One went to Europe for sure.
    From what I can tell, all of the running gear is 1190RS- Ohlins forks and shock, RS brake caliper mount, brake scoop, etc. I will have a good look at it next week.

Thanks for the info gents!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom7 View Post
    From what I can tell, all of the running gear is 1190RS- Ohlins forks and shock, RS brake caliper mount, brake scoop, etc. I will have a good look at it next week.

Thanks for the info gents!
    However, the mid fairing does not have the scoop so that has me perplexed.

This is such a great story, I've got my popcorn!

Hey Folks,

Well, some stories have a different ending than you expected. According to EBR (they were very helpful) It turns out that this is a "run-of-mill", production 1190RS that was run at trackdays and I suspect had some street miles. It is now with me. It looks to be fully track prepped (carbon race fairings, wired, etc.) and has the race exhaust and ECU. It also has a PVM rear wheel. Fortunately the harness is intact and the starter and charging system is there, so it is the perfect trackday bike for me :-)

Are there any other 1190RS owners here? I am trying to learn all I can about this amazing machine.

Thank you!!

Tom, if you get it out at NJMP hit me up. I run with team promotion and will show you around and make sure you get all setup.....wally

Hey Wally,

I am looking at dates for NJMP now. I already have a day at NYST scheduled for July and will see if I can get out with you/TPM over there. Do you run all season with them?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast