Thread: Crossroads on XB9SX

Crossroads on XB9SX

Quick question. I am ordering the Crossroads 0 degrees before ASB closes up and I want to know which Firebolt cables are recommended. Clutch and Throttle? Anything else that the readers may want to point out for install etc..

Thanks in advance.

388 views and not a single response? Ill post picks once they are on. I promise. Just give me a little help. Admin: Move to another area if better suited. TIA…again.

I used stock cables, just rerouted them. Also i used spacer to move the gauge cluster/headlight assembly out a little to help the clutch cable. I believe there is tips either on this siteand also in the instructions. If i can find any of my pics ill post em.

I tried search for other installs and was bombarded with everything except info on what worked what didn't what people used etc. I wouldn't mind rerouting cables as long as they are ok aesthetically. Im very particular i guess. If the fireboat cable are cleaner Id use them. I don't want to cut or put holes in anything. Especially since its all carbon fiber.

If you have better luck with a search I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to give the impression that I didn't search.

When I bought my XB12Ss last year, it came with Crossroads 0 degree bars installed. I had a 5000 mile service done on the bike at a local dealer shortly after purchase. As part of the service, I had new clutch and throttle cables installed since the outer cable housing had worn through in places on the ones that came on the bike. I originally put on XB12Ss cables, but found that the throttle was sticking open when the handlebars were turned to left full lock. So, after doing some research about this issue, and at Al's recommendation at ASB, I had the dealer swap out the XB12Ss throttle cables for Firebolt cables. Problem solved. I believe that Al had recommended Firebolt cables for both clutch and throttle, but I ended up only using the throttle cables. Did you try contacting Al? He was really good about getting back to me quickly with advice. I don't know if the XB9SX is different.

I put crossroads bars on my XB9SX and also used stock cables but just relocated them. No extra holes need to be cut for cables.
    But if you bought the firebolt cables already wouldn't be bad to go ahead and put some fresh cables on the bike.

Other than that install is very simple, I love the crossroads bars.

Where are you located? If not ill try to take my screen off and take some pics, i seem to have deleted my old ones

I am in southern WI so its my winter project. Since I'm going as far as putting new bars on i think ill get ahold of Al and put firebolt cables on too. Thanks for the help guys.