Thread: FS: 2005 Buell XB9SX Lightning

FS: 2005 Buell XB9SX Lightning $1500

UPDATE: Bike is making an engine noise which I do not like the sound of. It is making a slight knocking noise. I'm afraid it may be the dreaded Buell crank knock so the engine may need a rebuild....I'm really not sure. Anyway, I am busy with work and do not have the time to investigate and/or fix.....dropping the price to $1500 cash. Message me if interested.

2005 Buell XB9SX Lightning. Excellent condition. 17,000 miles. Clean and clear CT title. Never been down. Translucent Blue. Runs and drives great. The bike is ready to ride and needs nothing. This has been my main bike for the last 3 years (I am second owner) and I am regretfully selling because I recently purchased a newer bike and don't have room to store it. I change the engine oil and filter every 2500 miles with Castrol Synthetic RS V-twin 20-50w oil and also change the transmission fluid every 2500 miles with Bel-Ray SportTrans fluid. The bike is close to mint with the exception of some light scuffing on the rear seat rails caused by the factory Buell saddlebags rubbing.

Many upgrades including:

Aprilia mirrors
    Carbon Fiber Rider and passenger heel guards
    K&N air filter
    HID headlight in low beam with 10 second delay start relay
    Buell Skyline seat
    EBR racing LED taillight
    Buell right side scoop
    EBC brake pads front and rear. Rear look new, front has about 60% left.
    Dunlop Q3 tires (about 50% tread left)

Within the last 2000 miles the following has been done:

New Deka AGM battery (6 months ago)
    New wheel bearings front and back
    New idler pulley bearings
    New OEM Buell Kevlar drivebelt
    New NGK spark plugs
    New OEM Buell spark plug wires
    Front fork rebuild with all OEM Buell parts: new seals, bushings, fluid and dust seals
    Clutch adjustment

The bike is located in Ridgefield, CT. I am asking $3400. I also have a 3 piece Factory Buell luggage set and a Buell Select seat that I will sell separately. Thanks!

Last edited by Moto78; 03-02-2016 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Updating condition of bike

Recent update in above description to condition of the bike and price change.

Shipping??

Bike has been Sold. Thanks

Buyer was a forum member. It's in good hands