Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 XB12R doesn't like the cold?

2009 XB12R doesn't like the cold?

I just recently moved to colorado and the bike has been sitting for about a month and a half to 2 months. It's been on a trickle charger, but when I turn it on, it doesn't fully turn over to that nice hum. It has no power when I roll the throttle. It's like it wants to die. Anyone know any remedies? New gas? Let it run for a long time to warm up?

No answers, but where are you livin? Northglenn here.

Aurora area

Jfletch i would try fresh petrol, clean the plugs, check nothing is nesting in the airbox and then above all dont even touch the throttle just let it idle up to running temp if it cuts out start it again and again no throttle, mine stands a lot and it sounds like the lungs of a 100 a day smoker! when i start it up! lol

Thanks! I'll give it a shot

Inactive
    don't rely on your trickle charger indicating the battery is "full". often times it isn't. try this:
    remove seat and access battery. remove negative cable from terminal. attach a quality battery charger and give the battery a full 6 amp charge for 30 minutes or so. reattach cable. go to local mom and pop type airport if available and get a few gallons of 100 octane av-gas. add 2 ounces or so of sea-foam. dump the mixture in your tank. av-gas works beautifully in your cold climate particularly with an injected bike that has been sitting for an extended period. shake bike a bit to mix contents and now start and let motor generate heat and fresh fuel to circulate thru system. report back.

TPS reset & ^.

Elevation change screws with any vehicle.

Idk how to do a TPS reset.

Bike on (not running but switch in run position)
    Once the Chevk engine light (CEL) goes out
    Slowly roll throttle from 0-100%. X3 times. Each taking about a second or 2 to go 0-100-0.

Then start the bike. Also need to ride it for few minutes at 50-60 steady & then crank her up to 100 in 3rd gear.
    This sounds dumb but it's how these ECM adjust.

Welcome to Colorado, I'm in Denver.

Once you get the issue figured out, sadly, you still never get full sea level power due to altitude. But, at least we have less drag!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast