Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Potential 1190 SX buyer - few questions

What a great bike and a great deal!! My local Florida dealer has a white SX and wouldn't BUDGE off the $14,500 "sale price" from 2014!!
    Enjoy the new ride!

Thanks Cooter. There are cheaper ones all over. It wouldn't be very much trouble to buy one cheaper and have it shipped, or rent a car drive out, and ride it back.

There are a few EBRs within 75mi of me for around $10k brand new. Though I'm not really in the market I can't stop looking at new/used bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatout View Post
    There are a few EBRs within 75mi of me for around $10k brand new. Though I'm not really in the market I can't stop looking at new/used bikes.
    I thought the EBR would just be an upgraded Buell xb, but it's not. It is a completely different machine all together. Riding home from bike night, I was amazed at how smooth the power comes on and how effortless the shifter and brake controls are - and I'm still in the break in stage so I'm not getting on it much at all.

I thought it was pretty good in the first 300 miles, then was able to bump up to 7500 rpm. Really started making power up near that point. After the 1st oil change at 600 miles it was game on. After the front end came up on that first ride after the oil change (in 3rd gear mind you) I knew it was pretty fast. Fast forward a year later, finally got a way to add fuel via a PC-V. 15+ more hp. Late last summer I finally got my hands on a programmable ecm and was able to get it tuned for the exhaust. Night and day difference from stock. It's at 179 hp at the wheel now without the ram air in effect. Best guess is it's at 185+ at the wheel when running down the road.

That's awesome Dean. I just hit 85 miles on mine. I ordered the EBR tips and ecm from you, CRG arrow mirrors, and a license plate kit to get rid of the big license plate bracket. Soon I'll have it looking and sounding as good as it feels riding. :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123