Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buell Collaborative CAD

Hybrid View

Buell Collaborative CAD

I know there are others her that dabble in the art as well. Do we have a database compilation of shared digital parts? I.E 3d models for printing, toolpaths for CNC etc etc.

If not, could there be?

If there's not yet, which I'm pretty positive there is no Buell focused database, I'd be willing to head up the organization and accessibility. Essentially it will all be free to access and free to add files to the database with moderator capabilities.

Ideas?

I am think exernal hosting theough grabcad or similar service and embedding it into a thread here.

Banned
    I was looking for CAD models and did some investigation and the only thing I found is XB frame-fuel tank. I created CAD model for my XB 240 rear wheel and chain conversion, and also highway foot-pegs, but this is just basic simplified CAD model with reference geometry I measured on my motorcycle to create necessary parts for the kits.

If someone have a wish to take a lead to coordinate volunteered people on the project to reverse engineer and create open source CAD model of the Buell XB I am in. I'm an engineer, I work with CATIA and Solid Works, and I have Buell XB, so I can participate in the project.

We need just split the job, each person will create his own parts, then these parts will be assembled in the main assembly. If someone has 3D scanner it can be very helpful to create reference meshes for some difficult surface geometry parts (seat, plastic covers, etc) so we create precision clean CAD models using those scans. It is big work for small team, but is is not big work for big team. I would say 20 peoples with some free weekend time are enough to finish the motorcycle CAD model without internal components in a month. Each part should have properties which should include part's name, make of the motorcycle, year of the motorcycle, revision, revision's data, author's name who created the part and who did the revision modification, part number and kind of a picture or description to show the part location in the motorcycle, so the person who will create main assembly will not have a deal with big mess and people coordination. The participators should have parts they work for, measuring tools and CAD program. Ideally we should work in the same CAD program, I believe Solid Works is the most popular, but we can work in different CAD programs (even Solid Works can be with different year), but save the CAD files in the database as two files - the first one is master file in the CAD program format and the second one in a neutral format (parasolid X_T for example.). It should be easier and better to modify the master file. But we need to have a neutral format duplicate too just in case if someone leaves the project and we don't have the CAD program this person used. The leader should create a thread with all rules and links, list of participators and the work each person does. The thread should show the current progress of the work.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 01-22-2016 at 04:40 AM.

Wish I had the time to help out. I love doing CAD work, but haven't touched it in a couple years now, don't even have a decent software anymore.

Where did you find the frame cad model? I can't find it and have been searching

Here's where I got my files.
    Matt

https://grabcad.com/library?query=buell

Banned
    It looks like a guy from customfighters board builds BuellXB CAD model. He posted some interesting stuff there

https://www.customfighters.com/forum...54#post3115354

Last edited by LazyZ; 02-11-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyZ View Post
    It looks like a guy from customfighters board builds BuellXB CAD model. He posted some interesting stuff there

https://www.customfighters.com/forum...54#post3115354

TEABAG: do you want to delete this account or do you just want to be banned again? you truly have a mental illness in conjunction with emotional problems and will just continue to be banned. your choice.

Lol that's teabag's render..... He's all over that forum

Wow, they haven't thrown him off yet or, is he the only person on the forum !

I wonder if he tells everyone on customfighters how unreliable his bike is? Or that he has over 15,000 miles on one back tire?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast