Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XB12STT losing all electrical power before motor completely dying.

Ok, I have been reading this post and a lot others just to get as much info as possible on trouble shooting, if and when the time comes, hopefully never, Does my 09 XBR have a "77" connector or was that changed in 08?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    Ok, I have been reading this post and a lot others just to get as much info as possible on trouble shooting, if and when the time comes, hopefully never, Does my 09 XBR have a "77" connector or was that changed in 08?
    your 2009 dave has alot of improvements above and beyond when the XB series was introduced in 2003 model year. one of them is the stator/regulator connections. have never seen a problem with them. one thing i continue to do with every buell i own regardless of model year is install a simple $5 volt gauge to continually monitor charging system activity. the $5 and enjoyable short evening of labor to install worth the price of admission.

Thanks John, your knowledge (and everyone elses on this site) of Buells is priceless. Ill add it to my "to do" list!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    Thanks John, your knowledge (and everyone elses on this site) of Buells is priceless. Ill add it to my "to do" list!
    thanks for the kind words dave. if and when you get to the point where you want to install a simple volt gauge let me know and i'll fire you one up.

^100% this: "Never leave home without a small tiny plastic packet of spare blade fuses and at least 1 relay."

Just find a place to tuck them away. You may never need them, but if you do and you didn't prep a 10c fix for a problem that can cost you many hours on the side of the road then your time must not be too valuable

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mope View Post
    ^100% this: "Never leave home without a small tiny plastic packet of spare blade fuses and at least 1 relay."

Just find a place to tuck them away. You may never need them, but if you do and you didn't prep a 10c fix for a problem that can cost you many hours on the side of the road then your time must not be too valuable
    precisely mope and well said. i own 5 XB's(ya....i know...i have mental problems) and every single one of them i take a small plastic sandwich type bag, place 1 each of 5/10/15/20 amp blade fuse and 1 relay inside each bag and tape to front portion of battery that faces up towards seat. plenty of clearance in that area and a road-side lifesaver. factory tool kit also works well for doing this.

John, you talk too much.

If John talks to much then why are you reading his posts? You must read to much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12