Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 09/10 xb12s = dream bike

09/10 xb12s = dream bike

Hey all. I'm new to these forums but not to the world of Buell. I've been off 2 wheels for about 6 years due to a few kiddos growing up. I'm now making moves to get my favorite bike. I would love your help. I had a lead on the cherry bomb 09 scg with the ebr race kit, stearing damper, and new levers already done. He's owned the bike for 4 years and put less than 1000 miles on it. He owns several mc's and this one is his wife's favorie to go 2up. That said he's now not going to part with it. The dream is the Hero Blue 09. Please help me. This bike to me is what the DeLorean is for most other men. Thanks guys/girls.

Someone posted this to Facebook, I just happened to see it so I figured I'd pass it along.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/mcy/5429440348.html

Neil, thanks man. I dound a '10 in the Ausit area but it looks fishy. Listing says alot out the extras but then it says "raced but never wheelied". What does the forum think about that? This doesn't seem like a track bike to me. I mean it would be fun bit the r model would be much more suited to do that.

Here is the fishy listing I was talking about.http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/5400511959.html
    So should i trust a bike that has 'never been wheelied'? 8-)
    But seriously... if this is "the one" I'm more than willing to take a 1 way flight or ship it. The 2010 seems to be even more of a Unicorn than the 09.

Thanks for the help all,
    HolyMoley

I'd contact the seller because I think he meant it was never dropped or raced or wheelied, just that he didn't make that point clearly.

It doesn't seem too bad a deal for a 2010 though with 23,000 miles I'd try to talk him down a bit. It is 1 of a very limited number of bikes so some may feel that makes it worth more but I don't really feel that way.

Personally, i'd take a serious look at the 09. To me, it looks like its been well taken care. More so than the 10 model. The 09 has Crossroads on it, case sliders, right side scoop (RSS) and traction grips. Plus whats listed in the ad and 5000 miles less. Probably $500-$600 extras

Great point. So if, after talking to the sellers, I go for one of these MC's, I'm guessing I should ship it. Does the forum have any suggestions on how to ship? This MC is quite important to me. I don't plan on letting other people ride it... I know this tends to change after a few years. Imagine this being yiur '67 flying V, your '73 Pantera, your date with Shakira...

it says "never raced or wheelied"

bike looks clean as hell to me..

If I had the money, I'd pick up that bike in TX, I was looking at it a while back. The owner also posted it on the Buellxb.com Facebook group, so not so sketchy as it would seem.

There are a couple guys on here that ship bikes frequently and if they see this thread I'm sure they'd chime in and offer some advice. The '10 looks pretty good to me but if I were buying I'd look for lower miles. Not that these bikes won't last, I just like to get lower mileage bikes. Both my '03 xb9sl and my '09 xb12r had 6000 miles or less on them when I got them.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast