Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to get TPS reset to zero out???

That bar under your speedo is what you want to be looking at. You may need to manually back your throttle to the return/fully closed position if it won't span back on its own due to it being sticky.
    Your CPS signal has nothing to do with a TPS reset.
    Have you already hit the "reset/zero TPS" button? It might not read all the way to zero because it was improperly reset the first time.
    Make sure you don't lose communication during the process and follow the video or manual to a "T".
    If you don't have a manual go here; buellmods.com and download one.
    This video is exactly how to do it:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i33__Qkvhn4&autoplay=1
    Good luck
    If you're still having problems you might want to remove your airbox to see what's going on with your idle adjustment screw. This was mentioned previously and could help you discover that either your idle adjustment cable is detracted binding or broken.
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 02-09-2016 at 03:25 PM.

The only 5 you're getting in the tps reading is volts, which is the reference voltage. Your tps shows it is 0.

Gotcha. It seems like the problem might definitely be hardware then. I managed to tighten and watch it climb to about 2.2, 2.4 but that was the max. I think this throttle adjustment cable might be the issue. Can I cut this zip tie to the frame? Then can I hold the throttle cable somehow with grips? I've taken all the airbox stuff off at man this is tight.

So I'm watching the throttle cable spin at the housing in conjunction with me trying to tighten it. Got the TPS setting within tolerance. Threw everything back together. Now I've got a CEL and the speedo/tach gauges aren't responding. Ugh.

Battery voltage too low
    Air intake sensor shorted to supply voltage or open
    Last edited by 19-chief; 02-09-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Air intake sensor is happening BC you had to unplug that sensor to get the airbox base off. Low volatage is due to your battery running down BC your headlights were draining it. Charge your battery and you should be good to go.
    Sounds like your idle adjustment cable needs to be replaced. It's common for them to wear from rubbing on the motor and then corrosion killing the strength in the cable.
    Sounds like you've got everything figured out other than that.
    Good job

Battery charged and she fired right up! RPMs at 1050 on the dot and held steady! One chilly spin and I think I'm in better shape. Thanks all!

Good deal man!

You are new to Buells so a reminder to keep that battery on a tender.

Good tip I learned a while back; when messing with ecmspy pull your headlight fuse so you don't drain the battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12