Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to get TPS reset to zero out???

Question Unable to get TPS reset to zero out???

I know I piggy backed an old thread and this is redundant but:

new xb12ss owner here... bought bike a few days ago with a low idle. hooked up ecmspy and cable in order of Dave's YouTube video and proceeded to back out throttle screw until reading zeroed out. BUT when I switched to diagnositics tab to tps reset it never read zero. the box was red and 5 and stayed red and 5 before and after reset commands. went back to overview and no readings no matter how much I tightended the screw. now she won't start. can anyone help me out here?

btw, i'm not a forums newb by any means but the schematics of this forum have me confused on where to truly find info or place a new thread appropriately and the search function, bc I know someone's gonna chime in, doesn't yield accurate results for my symptom. in the event that that answer is out there, please direct me and I will be grateful!

Start by viewing the tps data live and move the throttle and or idle screw to verify the tps is reading/moving. If it appears to be working remove (I think left)side scoop you should be able to look up towards the throttle body and see where the idle screw contacts the throttle linkage. Back it out until there's a gap. Pull the throttle open a couple times and let it snap shut. If it still won't read very close to zero, pull your upper and lower air box and inspect the throttle plate, check for any thing preventing is from closing completely. Don't force it closed you'll bend it. If all looks good and it still won't read zero. Reset it and set per regular instructions.
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 02-09-2016 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Set not st

I'll do that right now. thx. COM port open and connected but no readings.
    Last edited by 19-chief; 02-09-2016 at 02:09 PM.

reading now but still won't change to zero.

CPS signal continues to show 5. so, what exactly does 'Reset it and St per regular instructions" mean?

What year?
    Ive seen this before but was able to eventually get a TPS reading turning the adjustment a bunch, the throttle blade shaft had snapped.

2006. also if it helps the throttle is a bit sticky when I go to blip it.

Btw, I could get a reading. It just won't reset to 0 in the diagnostics tab.

Can you post a snap of your data and point at your TPS reading?

14550339644881309339326.jpg
    Hope that works. Also, it feels like the idle screw and the throttle cable want to spin together.

Last edited by 19-chief; 02-09-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast